d*s book tour: boston event details + RSVP

I’m so excited to start announcing the rest of our Design*Sponge at Home Book Tour today! Every day this week (and in coming weeks) I’ll be sharing the details and RSVP info for individual cities’. Today I’m thrilled to be announcing our next event: Boston, Massachusetts! Boston is one of my favorite cities to visit and I can’t wait to see all of you there! For Boston we’ll be doing our smaller crafting event and party in the same location, West Elm’s Fenway Park shop (where I held the Biz Ladies meetup back in 2008!). Here are the details below:

Event: Crafting Event/Signing/Party at West Elm
Date: Wednesday, September 14th
Time: 6:00-8:30pm (6:00-7:00 craft workshop / 7:00-8:30 party, open to the public)
Location: West Elm (Trilogy location, near Fenway Park), 160 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215

Craft Workshop: I will be demonstrating a project from the book using freezer paper to customize your own cloth-based products. Then we’ll all make them together!
Craft Fee: $45 per person (this includes all of your craft supplies and a signed copy of Design*Sponge at Home!)
RSVP: This crafting class is limited to 25 people, so please RSVP here soon if you’d like to attend

Book Signing + Party: 7-8:30 p.m.
Details: After the craft event we’ll be celebrating the book launch with a party (drinks + treats will be served) and book signing. We’ll also be supporting a great local arts charity, Youth Design. One of my favorite local artists, Jen Hill of J Hill Design will be creating a custom backdrop against which you can take photos with your friends! Casey from Hello Love will also be on hand to take photographs and document the event!
RSVP: RSVP recommended, just click “I’m going” on West Elm’s event page for Boston

*Illustration above by Julia Rothman

I also wanted to say a huge thank you to Rowenta, who will be donating more irons than I could possibly dream of for all of our crafting events! This is such a huge help for us and we really appreciate it. Thanks everyone at Rowenta!

1. Karen says:

Hooray. Just bought tickets to this. It’s a great deal for the workshop AND the book.

Thank goodness the Red Sox are playing the midday game on Wednesday. Otherwise, it’d be a NIGHTMARE to get to the West Elm.

Excited to have a copy of the book and thrilled to try the workshop!

2. Karen says:

Also, Amazon has the book on sale with a release date of September 6. Is that right?

1. Amy Azzarito says:

Hi Karen! Yup! That’s right! The release date is September 6! Right around the corner! :)
      Thanks! Amy A

3. Sunny says:

RSVPed for the signing since I won’t be out of the office in time for the crafting. Whomp. So stoked for the signing and for my book to come in the mail. :)

4. Anisa says:

Whoohoo! I just bought my ticket for crafting in September :) I am such a fan and I can’t wait for this book to come out!

5. Sounds like such a fun event. Can’t wait until you hit Vancouver!

6. Alison says:

just got your book in the post today – it’s so very pretty :) nice work girls!

1. Grace Bonney says:

thanks so much alison!

7. anastasia says:

Is there a schedule posted somewhere for future cities? Would love to know if and when you are coming to Chicago. Thanks!

1. Grace Bonney says:

anastasia

yes, i posted the full schedule last week, and it will always live on the d*s book page:

grace :)

8. Fiona says:

Any chance there is a wait list? It’s sold out and I’m super bummed! The party will still be fun though!