diy project: personalized paper party cups

You know those DIY projects that cause you to slap your forehead and think: of course! These personalized paper cups from the folks at Sticky Cake Inspirations are just that. The execution is simple and clean but also extremely versatile. I’m picturing the hundreds of fun variations you could use — different shapes, photographs, fabric, etc. — for even more personalization. This project is a perfect last-minute addition to an impromptu party; they require very little time and money but will definitely impress your guests. Enjoy! — Kate

Have a DIY project you’d like to share? Shoot me an email with your images right here! (Low res, under 500k per image, please.)

Read the full how-to after the jump!

• white paper cups
  • multicolor paper sheets
  • scissors & ruler
  • hole punch
  • pencil & black felt-tip pen
  • white twine

1. Choose a sheet of colored paper, and create a rectangle of 2 cm x 8 cm using a ruler and a pencil. Cut out the rectangles.

2. Using a black felt-tip pen, make some dots and write the guest’s name.

3. Cut the final label like a flag, and then near the name, create a small hole with a hole punch.

4. Take a piece of white twine, and put it in inside the label’s hole.

5. Then punch the cup and add the labels, making a twine bow.

6. Cut the bow with scissors.

1. Absolutely adorable! This is definitely getting a star in my Google reader for the next time we have a party…my husband is getting deployed in September and I wanted to throw him a goodbye party – these would be perfect for that!

2. Wyetha says:

Excellent idea + I love it!

3. totally stealing this idea for kid’s bday party this weekend. I think I’ll use flower punch and curling ribbon since I’m going super girly :)

4. Katie says:

This is so adorable, love it! xo

5. Valentine says:

It’s so cute, I’m looking for a good idea for my parties and now I found it. It’s perfect ;)

6. francesco says:

I like it, I love it, May I copy it?

7. Daniela says:

Great idea. I love it!! Thank you for sharing.

8. smita says:

Wonderful, This pretty much gives more idea about more similar DIY products :)
    Thanks a tonn for this one :)

9. Cika says:

Great idea, ideal for summer party! Thanks :-)

10. Erin says:

This is super cute but not super green. I’m trying to get away from paper cups so someone recently showed me another so simple idea. Draw with a Sharpie pen on your glassware. It’s glass and so it easily rubs off with your kitchen sponge but sticks long enough for the duration of your party. You can decorate the glasses or have your guests decorate their own.

11. Mia says:

super cute :D and my name happens to be Mia too.

12. Nice Paper cupsdesign.really cute ideas, thanks for sharing!!!