weekly wrap up + july 4th diy idea

Today I’m wrapping things up early and hopping on a plane home to Virginia for the July 4th holiday. I’ll be back with regular content on Tuesday and another peek inside Design*Sponge at Home but until then I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday and enjoy the celebration! Before we head off I wanted to share this clever July 4th DIY idea from Rebekah Gough. Rebekah used red, white and blue paint chips to create this fantastic banner for the holiday. It’s such a simple idea but such a creative way to decorate. Click here to check out Rebekah’s full how-to details. Happy Fourth of July! xo, grace

Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:

1. Kristan says:

ZOMG I loooooooove the paint chip letters!! That is SO clever. And you can apply it to anything! Birthdays, anniversaries, congratulations, baby/wedding/whatever showers… Thanks!!

2. Clara says:

Very cute design, but I gotta say, I feel like with all these paint chip projects that are going around, it’s only a matter of time before they start charging a nominal fee for the chips instead of giving them away.

3. Courtney says:

How fun, I LOVE that!! I knew I didn’t grab 20 different grey paint chips from Home Depot for no reason… :)

4. Oh my goodness, how clever is that!! I LOVE the paint chips! I’ve never seen them used like that before. Guess I’ve been living under a rock if this is a new trend. :) Oh well.

5. katrina says:

i collect paint chips every time i visit home depot, just because. this is the perfect DIY project for a colour lover/paint chip collector!

6. Chrissy says:

That’s pretty awesome. <3 it!

7. Lisa says:

What a clever idea;-) I have more than enough paint chip cards that i know what to do with. By chance would you know what the name of green paint used on the house? Thanks!