tattly

I have a soft spot for anyone who names something with a simple -y at the end. I can be a lazy talker, and the easiest way to describe something is often by tacking a -y at the end, like chocolate-y, hipster-y and designer-y. I was probably destined to like Swiss Miss’ new temporary tattoo project, Tattly, without its tagline, but when I saw that the project was described as “designy temporary tattoos,” I was an instant fan.

Tina and a team of fantastic designers created a pretty impressive set of temporary tattoos for adults that make the idea of getting inked much less daunting and permanent. The $5 colorburst design by Jessi Arrington is my favorite so far, but there are so many great options from which to choose. Each one is affordable, fun and perfect for testing out body art without committing to something lifelong. Click here to check out and shop the full collection online. Congrats to Tina and her team on the fun new project. xo, grace

More temporary tattoo designs after the jump . . .

1. Mira says:

I ordered a couple the minute I saw the site launch – so excited! Always happy to buy nerdy design products. More, please!

2. Great! It’s a funny idea!

3. sarah says:

This is very unique, the designer in me has a soft spot for the ‘Pantone’ tattly!

4. marla says:

Such cute tats & perfect for us photography & graphics folks.

5. I loved wearing temporary tattoos when I was a kid. How neat that someone is making such fun temporary tattoos for all of us grown-ups!

6. Love that first one! At first I thought these were permanent (so I’m glad I read before jumping to conclusions) and was thinking “whaat?!”, but now it definitely sounds great. I wouldn’t mind sporting that first one!

7. wendy says:

Is it weird that I have a bunch of tattoos (REAL ONES) and I still like the fake variety also? These are particularly cool!

8. Ana says:

I love this! My daughter loves tats so I will get some of these for her. Haha! Good mommy, yes?

9. Jamie says:

i love these! just ordered the Knucks set, smoking rabbit, and “you’re late” watch.

10. I just caught myself looking through these temporary tats smiling like it was christmas morning… Ordering now

11. Camille says:

Omigosh, am SO going to freak my family out with one of these. They know I love tattoos, but that I would never actually get one.

12. Colleen says:

I LOVE THESE! I’m too scared to commit but I love the idea of well-designed temporary tattoos! I just ordered some!

13. kim says:

Coooool! And I love the fact that it’s not ridiculously overpriced either (I’m looking at you Chanel)

14. Miss Milky says:

love these, I want these!

15. DWJ says:

I think I want the colorburst as a real tattoo. Love it.

16. ryan says:

Awesome

17. kaela says:

oh my gosh! SO obsessed…all the cuteness none of the pain or permanence :D win win!!!!

18. the smartest temporary tattoos I’ve seen were for kids on days when they’d be in busy crowds like an amusment park or a mall and it was a parents cell # to call if they got lost.

19. Kate Thomas says:

I adore this project! Love tina & all the studiomates!

20. Zarich says:

LOVE!

21. jeanie says:

Although I am big proponent of permanent tattoos – I am completely smitten with these!

22. Great idea! That swirly colourful one is amazing…..

Thanks again~

Heidi

23. stephanie says:

how incredibly fun! have my own unwashable tattoo, but I’d like to add a few more temporary ones! i’m eyeing the smoking rabbit & the colorburst–so adorable! thanks for sharing!

24. Misterjester says:

Ha, and temporary, so if its too nerd y you can changey it :)

25. I’m so honored mine is your favorite! I’ve been having so much fun wearing Tattlys myself! Stay tuned because I know Tina has some amazing designers lined up to create more.

26. Cylia says:

super cool idea! and really great images you can choose from.