portland designers for hygge & west

I’ve got Portland on the brain this morning, so it worked out perfectly when I heard that Hygge & West had collaborated with a great local design team called Pattern People. Founded by Claudia Brown and Jessie Whipple Vickery, Pattern People specializes in surface design for everything from fashion to interiors. Claudia and Jessie designed a new series of beautiful wallpapers for Hygge & West that were inspired by the flora and fauna of the Pacific Northwest. Their Forest Leaves pattern (above) is my favorite, but the full collection is definitely worth checking out. I love the way Pattern People re-interpreted imagery that would normally be done in dark greens and browns in such modern color combinations. Click here to check out and shop the new collection online. xo, grace

More wallpaper images continue after the jump . . .

1. anne says:

beautiful! I love the red one

2. I love love the second one!!

3. nichole says:

I don’t know how many times I’m going to drool over those Thonet chairs before I buy them! Seeing them next to that pretty paper is killing me.

4. Ruby says:

Wow, these are so beautiful & original! I think that the pink one would add a really dramatic effect to a study/bedroom. :) Great designs!

5. Diane says:

Please tell me where to go to order the second paper… Love it…thanks

6. Maggie says:

It’s so beautiful and fluid! I love the way it catches your eye.

7. angie says:

YES! Beautiful. The Forest Leaves in red has me mesmerized. I love Pattern People. They’re so talented and lovely and are always creating new brilliant designs for the body and home. So happy to see them featured here. *angie

8. jackie says:

I want that creature in the first wallpaper pic. Where can I get that thing?

9. Hannah says:

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.
    I’m a wallpaper enthusiast and it breaks my heart that I live in a rented apartment.

10. Nia Basset says:

Yes – I’m with Jackie. I want that creature in the first wallpaper picture. Where does it come from?

11. Ziba says:

These are great.. the black & gold ‘Forest Leaves’ is wonderful..!

12. christiana says:

Hi – That little guy in the first pic is from Manufactory (shopmanufactory.com) in Minneapolis. The artist, Erin Currie, runs the shop so you could probably email her there… Thanks so much for all the nice comments and the lovely post, Grace!

13. Lauren Davis says:

I love the little fabric petal thingies in the fourth pic. What are they and where can I find one? Thanks!

14. Eva says:

Forest Leaves, definitely.

15. That bird in in the picture w/ the pink wallpaper, is it bought in Iceland?

16. christiana says:

Hi – both the bird hanger and the bags in the fourth pic are from Hygge Cooperative here: http://www.hyggecooperative.com/collections/walls-to-wardrobe Thanks!

17. Marianna says:

I am absolutely in love with the little bird/owl statue from the first one and the wallpaper in the second! Gorgeous.

18. Gaby says:

Love the wallpapers and adore the bags, they are from Larissa Hadjio, and she too is awesome :)

19. Yebb – it´s an Icelandic design ;) they are really nice those hangers