weekly wrap up + umbu lamps

Vintage papers are so beautiful on their own, but I love when people find creative ways to give them new life. These new lamps from Joëlle at Umbu Lumiere are made from vintage papers Joëlle has collected over the years. The lamps are made with a variety of paper types, ranging from old music sheets and tissue paper, to blank book and dictionary pages. Joëlle treats the papers to be safe with specific bulbs, so be sure to read each lamp’s description to see what type of lightbulb she recommends for each paper type. I really love the scalloped shape above and the subtle color changes between yellowed pages and newer, whiter sheets. You can check out Joëlle’s full collection and shop online right here.

I’m heading out for the weekend but if you’re in Brooklyn this weekend come check out the DIY Business Conference. I’ll be speaking on a panel at 2pm, but there are a whole host of amazing people speaking, so I hope you’ll come check it out! Until then, have a great weekend and I’ll see you Monday. xo, grace

Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:

1. Heather says:

So pretty and unique!

2. Jessica says:

I love how they used the giant photograph to cover the wall.

3. Ana says:

Very original! Love the way the paper has been cut, it really makes the diference!

4. Very beautiful and unique- I love the idea of old sheet music since my husband was a music teacher and we have a great collection of old instruments.

5. Ella says:

Textures are beautiful! But I must say, I think I’m more drawn to the image on the back wall. Is that a series of tiled, A4 print outs? What a great (cheap & easy) design idea!

6. Just did a shout out to them on my blog a few days ago-I love their lamps! So cool & creative!

7. It’s really fantastic,but my comment its can you chooses deferent color for wall and table lamp .

8. Mandy says:

So so beautiful !!!

9. Rachel B says:

Those are amazing! I need to buy one now.