weekly wrap up + a palm springs wedding shoot

Whether you’re engaged, married or happily enjoying single life, I think weddings can be a fantastic source of entertaining ideas. No rings are required to enjoy a great table design or beautiful food displays, so I love getting to share wedding shoots when they’ve got color schemes and decor that could span a wide range of events. This wedding shoot was created by Jesi Haack Design and shot at the Ace Hotel in Palm Springs, California. I love the vivid pinks and yellows- they scream “summer” to me and would perfect to carry through for a backyard BBQ or even a baby shower. Chiavari chairs are such a party staple, but they feel fun and surprisingly modern doused in a coat of hot pink paint.

My favorite part of the event design is contrast between electric colors and faded tumbleweeds- it makes all the decorations really stand out from the surroundings. If you’re looking for a fun idea for a birthday party, summer backyard bash or just a little get together for two, there are plenty of ideas to inspire here. Thanks to Melanie for sending this over. A full list of credits is after the jump (with more gorgeous photos) and all of the pictures above and below were taken by Gabriel Ryan Photographers.

I’m heading off for the weekend and will see you on Monday, reporting part of the week from San Francisco and the other part from gorgeous Portland, Oregon. I can’t wait to get a break from this crazy NYC heat. See you next week! xo, grace

Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:

More beautiful wedding images continue after the jump!

Vendor Credits:
Photography – Gabriel Ryan Photographers
Concept and Design – Jesi Haack Design
Florals and Design – JL Designs
Cake – Sweet and Saucy Shop
Paper Goods – Pitbulls and Posies
Hair and Makeup – Fiore Beauty
Bride’s Hair Accessory – Ban.do
Dress – Mary Me Bridal
Venue – Ace Hotel Palm Springs

1. Kate O says:

Love love love the colors, the chevron, and that awesome Ikat-ish cake! And the pooch, too :).

2. jesi haack says:

Wow, what an amazing honor to be on here! Thank you SO MUCH grace!! This is a dream come true for me. And I am beyond blessed to have had such a talented team contribute!!!

3. Gabriel Ryan says:

i have been a long-time follower of your AWESOME blog, and can’t say thank you enough for the inspiration you’ve spawned for me, my wife, and our business. and now, for you to share our work with your fabulous readers… WOW… thank you is not enough :)

i am honored and my hope is simply that these photographs inspire others the way so many of your other posts have inspired me :)

4. Amy says:

I’m not very drawn to wedding stuff usually, but this one is gorgeous, love that pink!

5. Holly says:

I’m amzaed by that ikat cake and hot pink chairs!

6. Just gorgeous! And the colours are perfect!

7. Thank you so much for the post! Love being featured on your site!

8. SmithRatliff says:

That cake is amazing! (And the colors all-around are just so cheery.) The Ace is a perfect spot for a hip wedding like that.

9. loving all the details! the yellow chevron runner makes me totally swoon and that cake? OH MY WORD! the pink chiavari’s are totally brilliant as well!!! love this shoot!

10. Amber Moon says:

Just so grateful and in awe of this team – amazing! Thank you so much for the awesome feature! Wow! xo! Amber

11. Susan says:

So true…my husband was confused when after our wedding I continued to buy Martha Stewart Weddings, and I had to explain that it is always full of fabulous inspiration for events, fashion, and interiors! I will always look at weddings! :)

12. Ta says:

Its been a while since i’ve been on this site. I’ve always found it a great resource. I just wanted to say how LOVELY the new layout is. Really stunning.

13. Lindsay says:

I love the picture in front of the ACE sign! I hear pinterest calling

14. Melody says:

wow. this is STUNNING. obsessed with all of it. do you know who makes the napkin (or fabric?) that is in the photo that is looking down at the menu on the plate? (it’s under the menu, on top of the plate.) i would pay a lot of money to have those. ;)

15. Linda says:

What a beautiful venue, and the flowers…and then there is the beautiful and amazing paper. So cohesive and amazing ! L. O. V. E.

16. chrissy says:

that cake is to die for – also loving the chevron napkins and table runner

17. Charis says:

That table setting is truly inspiring. Thank you for sharing!

18. Michaela says:

Beautiful wedding! The colors are striking. Loving the chevron and the almost ikat-looking cake!!

19. Kristin says:

I LOVE that table runner. Such a cool wedding!

20. Totally love the work of Gabriel Ryan Photography; and this is an amazing post! Love all of the unique twists on all of the details, especially the cake and floral arrangements… so pretty.

21. Kait says:

Oh how lovely….

22. Yea! The eryngium thistle flowers are gorgeous in the bridal bouquet! Not to many individuals are familiar with this flower. They perfect a beautiful blue shade which is hard to find with other flowers.

23. Sunny says:

everything’s so beautiful and lovely!<3
    thanks for sharing!

24. Fiona says:

Oh, I love the flowers! So beautiful and different!

Am I the only one disappointed, however, that the groom chose Ironic Accountant as his dress theme? A bit casual, even for a relaxed wedding, no?

25. This is gorgeous ;) Ab. love the hot pink chairs and yellow / white chevron!

26. JL_DESIGNS says:

thank you for featuring our work! we loved being involved with this shoot! xoxo, carissa

27. MegRobins says:

This is soooo gorgeous!!! Can I ask where the yellow chevron fabric is from? It is the perfect touch!

Xo

28. Seema says:

Gorgeous ! lovely colors ..

29. Carrie Noone says:

Where can I get those yellow chevron table runners from? I live in Chicago

30. We were in Palm Springs for a friends wedding in September, we could have stayed there forever! Hanging poolside at the Ace all afternoon was incredibly fun – we would go back in a heartbeat!

I do love this wedding idea ;) Very sweet.

31. The cake has a very unique design. Love the peachy pink chairs, totally rock the color theme!

32. I just love the colorful bunch of flowers.

33. Michael says:

Pink is a very colorful and is great in wedding photos.