Good morning! I haven’t been this excited to start a day in a while. Launching Design*Sponge at Home yesterday was the highlight of my week, month and probably entire summer. I can’t wait to share more pictures from the book process and inside the book itself. I’m working on a post for next week, but in the meantime I wanted to share these bags from Tulisan in Indonesia. I’ve got some more travel coming up this weekend and next week so I’ve been trying to hunt down a good weekender bag. My trusty roller suitcase is starting to look a little too heavy to lug everywhere, so a shoulder bag will probably do the trick.

These colorful patterns from Tulisan in a wide range of products, ranging from large and small bags to tea towels and aprons. I’m partial to the green and pink shoulder bags because they scream “summer vacation!” to me. Prices on the site are listed in Indonesian currency, but the majority of the larger bags are around $63. Right now Tulisan doesn’t have web shopping set up, but if you’d like to order a bag you can email them right here and they’ll set up international shipping for you. (You can use this site to convert currency). Here’s to great summer trips for all of us…xo, grace

1. Angelia says:

So glad to hear about a new book. There haven’t been many interesting ones out for several years.
    Love the interesting fabrics on those bags, great colors for summer.

2. Love this! More justification to skip town this weekend!

3. Oooh I love these bags loads, especially the green one. I was in Indonesia at the start of this year, wish I’d know, I’d have picked me one up!

4. Ceri says:

I have to get one! The patterns are so fun!

5. Pammy says:

These are gorgeous! I have been looking for a durable canvas bag that will wear better than my vintage vinyl weekender. Thanks for posting this. I wonder how much international shipping to the U.S. might be? Eek i’m nervous just thinking about it!

6. The Tulisan stationery is quite pretty too! The Coral Wonder looks interesting.

7. Angelia says:

Wow! So nice to find out a fellow indonesian featured here! I hope to see more of this! Congrats! -angelia (paperpleased)

8. Itzi says:

OOh, I think the first bag is beautiful. You should get it

9. Devi says:

What a lovely surprise to read a featured artist from my homeland on d*s :)

10. What beautiful patterns! I especially love the rooster print. Also, congrats on the book launch! Can’t wait to get my hands on a copy!

11. I like the second bag best,the colour and the style is my faver.

12. Mustang Sally says:

I pre-ordered a copy of your book yesterday and can’t wait to receive it! Yours is the first blog I read every day Grace.

13. Liz says:

oooh i have been looking for a good weekender bag as well! perhaps there could be a post on good bags for weekend trips soon??

14. I love this! I want one so bad!