roxanne daner

Kate, Amy and I have been researching designers for our special summer project, and one of my favorites was part of an excellent article just published online at Good Magazine. Good rounded up 25 of their favorite female designers and illustrators (a must-read), and it was great to see Roxanne Daner included. Roxanne is based in LA, and I’ve been sort of obsessed with her hair-based artwork for a while now. I’m not sure why I love it so much, but the way she illustrates hair texture in her work makes me wish my hair was long again. You can see Roxanne’s full body of work online right here, or you can check out my favorite hair pieces right here. xo, grace

1. pauline says:

Great fun! Love it!

2. Liz says:

Hi Grace,
    Not sure what your project is but Roxanne’s beautiful illustrations remind me of Laura Carraro’s work ( in that they are head focused. She’s got lot’s of new stuff which I’m sure she would be happy to show you.

1. Grace Bonney says:

thanks liz! i’ll check it out :)

3. I love the second illustration, what a great find! Definitely be looking into the article by Good Magazine.

4. What beautiful illustrations – I love the second one. They make long hair seem so glamorous!

5. Love these- so whimsical and feminine.

6. Julie says:

These are beautiful! Any idea how I can purchase?

1. Grace Bonney says:

i’d suggest emailing roxanne at her site to see if she’ll sell them in print form :)

7. very pretty! the second one reminds me of the 70s barbie hair illustrations (which i have to admit that i am influenced by too!). drawing hair is similar to drawing waves or drawing art nouveau decorative borders. very flowy and femme. : )

8. Shelley says:

So lovely & fun! Thank you for introducing us to her work.