nasturtium

I go through favorite flowers pretty quickly. One week it’s peonies, the next I can’t get enough jasmine crammed inside the apartment. Right now I’m going through a bit of a nasturtium phase, so it was fun to get an email from Portland designer Susanna Scott of Zanna Textiles. She designed this fun nasturtium print that comes in tote-bag form, perfect for lugging summer picnics (or beach towels, even better!) around town. You can pick up one of Susanna’s bags ($60) right here and check out the rest of her work here at her Etsy shop.

Speaking of nasturtium, this print from YeeHaw would be the perfect way to cap the trend. It makes me want to bust out some seeds and try to grow something on the back porch. Click here to pick up a print for $30. xo, grace

1. Charlie says:

I’m from Knoxville. Always liked the Farmer’s Market posters. When I saw this post I thought, “Hey, that looks kind of like! Wait! Cool! It is!”

2. Mmmm – nasturtiums. Love the print! That would look great in a bright, funky bathroom, or even hung on a patio!

3. Marie says:

Nasturtiums are the business! You could plant some on your balcony Grace – they are crazy easy to grow and spread like crazy, great for filling in a new flower bed or planter when other plants get established. Plus you can eat the flowers in salads!

4. Sonya says:

Hey! I’m from Knoxville too! So great to see some YeeHaw letterpress featured on Design Sponge. Their work is so unique – it’s nice to have the shop downtown Knoxville to browse and watch the printing press in action.

5. bri says:

another knoxvillian so happy to see our debut on the site! yee haw & the farmers market are just a few of the great things happening in this growing city. maybe you’ve found your next city guide ;) thanks grace!

6. Goodness! Thanks so much for featuring our print! (And, thanks to the Knoxvillians above for their enthusiasm!)

7. Bridgette says:

Please do a Knoxville city guide! I move from the Austin area to Knoxville and it continues to surprise me with hidden gems! Dozens of restaurants and stores that feature local artists

8. Bridgette says:

Please do a Knoxville city guide! I move from the Austin area to Knoxville and it continues to surprise me with hidden gems! There are dozens of restaurants and stores that feature local artists tucked in the mountains, all of which are a short drive from Hollywood…. Who can resist Dolly Parson?

1. Grace Bonney says:

bridgette

we’d be happy to do one if there’s a local willing to help us with it :)

grace

9. Karen Chandler says:

Hi, I’m Karen, I live now in Holland and I have Nasturtiums in pots hanging from my balcony. They have always been a favorite of mine. I was borm in Australia and then I always had them growing around the base of fruit trees in my back yard. I found that they kept a lot of damaging insects away from the fruit trees. I hope that this info helps someone else. Success everyone.

10. Crissy says:

Thanks for featuring the work of YeeHaw & Knoxville! I was so excited to see my city represented here!