make it yours: caroline gomez

Color blocking is a huge trend right now, and I am definitely on the bandwagon. French designer Caroline Gomez is all about colors, and her home is the perfect example of how to take color blocking and apply it to an interior space. I love both the stripe of yellow in the entryway and the blue door so much . . . I’m seriously trying to figure out how I can make something like this work in my own home! The apple green in the dining area is possibly the best color of all time; wouldn’t you agree? Caroline’s aesthetic is inspired by 1950s Scandinavian design. Modern, clean and colorful. Be sure to check out the rest of the original sneak peek for more delightful colors and ideas. — Lauren

Palette 1 (Main Room)
A. Very Black (Valspar), PMS 532; B. Lemon Zest (Behr), PMS 101; C. *Actual Wall Color: Citrine (Little Green), PMS 384; D. Down Pour (Sherwin-Williams), PMS 646; E. True Pink (Benjamin Moore), PMS 190

Roundup 1 (Main Room)
1. Scandinavian-Style Screen-Printed Peacock, $48; 2. Jed Occasional Armchair, $494; 3. Sheepskin Rug, $107; 4. Neon Daypack, $24; 5. Velorbis Bicycle, $800+; 6. Kilo Long Table, $57; 7. La Baladeuse, $275

There’s one more room photo and roundup after the jump!

Palette 2 (Dining Room)
A. Empire Yellow (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 116; B. Laguna Green (Valspar), PMS 326; C. Tangy Orange (Benjamin Moore), PMS 1575; D. *Actual Wall Color: Pale Lime (Little Green), PMS 367; E. Onyx (Benjamin Moore), PMS 419

Roundup 2 (Dining Room)
1. May Large Vase, $42; 2. Caroline Gomez Print, $20; 3. Cloud Board Snacker, $35; 4. Anderssen & Voll Chair, prices vary; 5. Aspen Dining Table, $411

1. Jennifer says:

So clean and pretty. Apple green is my favorite color these days.

2. Jenny says:

The table in the photo looks like the Melltorp from Ikea. I have it and use it as a desk. It’s WAY cheaper than the Aspen Dining Table listed here, and it comes in several different sizes.

3. Love everything on Roundup two- Clean, fun, beautifully designed- apple green is fab!

4. I think I sold a necklace to Caroline! So glad you’re giving her some play – she’s so talented!

5. Karen Cigala says:

Okay, love; love; love those tables, but they don’t ship to the U.S. Any recommendation on stores like Habitat in the U.S. (I guess IKEA, but any others?)

6. Anna says:

I am with Karen, anyone know where I can get the Kilo Long Table in the United States?

7. Emily says:

I’m curious about the metal wall sheet by the bike – I have 3 boys in my house (4 if you include my husband) and sheet metal on walls that get the most wear and tear would be great!

8. greg says:

I am really liking the block colouring! I am a painter and decorator not designer and really like the greens used in your photos

9. STYLE NV says:

Colour blocking is definitely the next big interior trend and I love it. But to do it justice, it needs to be done with vigour and interiors need to be minimal, which is why at STYLE NV, we believe that minimalism is making a come back – but not as we know it.

10. Chelsea says:

LOVE the “bookshelf” idea, but not very practical… Reminds me of the one from Pushing Daisies where there were just books stacked all along the wall horizontally and vertically. Maybe if you purchased a ton of invisible shelves, it would be useful.