lords south beach

Miami is one of my favorite places to escape for a weekend trip, and it’s easy to snag a package trip from NYC. You can eat delicious food by the water, and they have some of the most gorgeous hotel pools I’ve ever seen. I usually agonize over how to find the best hotel deal without giving up a great pool spot, and after seeing these gorgeous pictures from the Lords South Beach hotel in Miami, I think I have a new spot to add to my list.

The Lords’ beach-yellow and white theme is accented by gorgeous pops of blue throughout the hotel. It all feels so crisp, colorful and energetic, which is the feeling I always associate with Miami. Designed by BHDM in NYC, the hotel has distinguished itself as not only a beautiful space, but the first gay boutique hotel brand in the US. The plan is to expand and customize additional hotels based on their location, but this first stop in Miami looks like a hit to me. I’d love to have a drink in those killer black bar chairs (after the jump) with the spikes on them. They’re very “Lady Gaga Goes to Miami.” You can check out the hotel online right here or keep checking out more pictures of the interior after the jump. Thanks to Caroline for the pictures! xo, grace

1. Nicole says:

I love the yellow. The hotel is so retro and luxe looking, I love it! Also, love your new design :)

2. katie says:

I want to be here, now! Yellow and white stripes are my weakness. Love everything about this place.

3. Kat says:

Had an amazing poolside brunch here last winter…everything about it was wonderful…decor, food, cocktails, service, people watching! <3

4. Cathy Wall says:

Wow! Love the vibrant colors and patterns in this place, definitely has a South Beach feel! The new blog design is terrific…very sophisticated and easy to navigate, and the ad placement between posts is just right.

Cathy @ Room Rx

5. Holy love fest! Time to book a vaca!

6. Shannon says:

Ohmygoodess, it’s so sunny and gorgeous! I love the turquoise and yellow together.

7. MB@YarnUiPhoneApp says:

The color is lovely…and that picture of Elizabeth Taylor is exquisite.

8. wendy says:

This place looks FUN!

9. Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Finally something with some color!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. julie says:

hey grace! the new look is sophisticated and so good. nice work! i do find it a little funny how there’s no date on the posts (or did I miss something?)…i always like to know which day things were posted, so i just thought i’d mention that to me that seems weird not to have it. but…you da pro. :) congrats on all your hard work and your growing business.

11. colleen says:

If anyone wants more info on the design you can read about the hotel here: http://lonnymag.com/issues/19-trad-home/pages/1#p59.

12. Liz says:

My girlfriends and I recently stayed at the Lords for a weekend trip after our original hotel was overbooked. We weren’t sure what to expect but we ended up having a great time. The place was gorgeous & the staff was super super friendly. Would definitely recommend!

13. Emily says:

Having grown up in Miami and never getting back home enough, I nearly cry every time I see amazing photos of Miami – interiors, or the natural beauty of the place! Thanks so much for bringing IT home to me now here in Tx.

14. julia says:

What a great place. Miami is very close to where I live but I always feel like I’m visiting another country when I go there (in a good way!).

15. Yellow, white and gold? I LOVE the colors! This place would have been the perfect venue for my wedding. The second photo is going into my striped wall inspiration folder. Never would have thought to pair striped walls with chevron floors, but this combination works beautifully! So striking.

16. V A R I E G A T E D says:

Hey Grace.
    Love this. I was searching for the designers today and the firm is BHDM, not BDHM.

17. Tiffany says:

man i love a horizontal stripe. so awesome…especially with that bright yellow.

18. Ruby Dot says:

Love the bright yellow and blue together. YOu don’t see that very often, great combo

19. whorange says:

You really can’t go wrong with polar bears and beach balls.

20. socreative says:

Love the color palette but I reckon it’s rather tiring for eyes. Everything is very vivid

21. kelly jo says:

I WANT THAT SPARKLE BAR!!!!!!! wow! i needed this inspiration. asante sana (thank you very much)

22. leila says:

absolutely lovely!

23. Can I just say how much I’ve been craving the colour yellow. I’ve been finding ways to slip it in to almost every room in my apartment!

24. OMG! This place IS amazing! I’d love to stay there!

25. Bethany says:

these colours remind me of bicycle shorts :) It brings memories of slip’n’slides, New Kids on the Block, high ponytails and freezies. It must be true that our childhood memories inspire our adult lives.

26. Mina says:

I am loving the yellow/turq combo!

27. nina says:

anyone know where the silver bar stools are from in the last pic?

28. Ali says:

Can anyone tell me where those studded chairs are from in the last pic?!!! They’re amazing!!!!!

29. LOCZIdesign says:

So vibrant and inspiring. — NEED TO GO THERE!

30. Sue says:

I love them. These pictures prove that it isn’t the camera, it’s the photographer that makes a wonderful picture.

31. Liz says:

This place is going on my ‘Bucket list’ absolutely love the bold design!