kari herer

For me, peonies are one of the few flower types that consistently live up to the praise, adoration and near obsession they receive online. There’s a reason they were our most requested Flowers A to Z topic- they’re gorgeous. And something about the fact that you can’t just pick them up whenever you want them makes their beauty all the more special. I usually try to celebrate peony season by finding a spot for them in every tiny corner of my home (why shouldn’t there be two arrangements in the bathroom?) but these photos from Kari Herer would be a great way to capture their drama and color in a more permanent way. I’ve become a big fan of deep purple peonies, so I love the darker color palettes Kari is using in some of these pieces. As much as I love the familiar soft pink color, it’s nice to see how rich and almost luxurious these flowers can look in a darker hue. You can pick up Kari’s peony prints right here online, and check out her work at her recently updated website. xo, grace

For more peony info + arrangements you can check out some more flower posts here, here and here.

1. Brigid says:

they are the most fleeting of flowers. i have a peony in my yard and i know spring is here when i smell the lovely, fresh scent!

2. Sue says:

Peonies are by far, my favourite flower. The pic are stunning!

3. I love it when I see Kari’s work featured- she is incredibly talented!

4. ASH says:

These flowers are very pretty. I especially love the purple ones.

5. Izabella says:

These are gorgeous. I have one of her lighter photographs … but now may have to spring for one of these!

6. Karina says:

These are such beautiful flowers!! The colors and capture of them are just amazing! I wish I can keep them looking so nice! I’m never able to preserve them for too long.

7. All gorgeous, but that first photo is stunning. Very rarely does a photo make me stop online, anymore, but that one did. Definitely checking out her work further – thanks for sharing it.

8. Malisams says:

I’m with Liene – that first photograph is downright arresting. Gorgeous.

9. Janna says:

I LOVE Kari’s work….and this is why…speechless!

10. Mar says:

I have always loved the idea that peonies were Jackie Kennedy’s favorite flower and are included in her portrait which hangs in the White House. Beautiful pictures!