greece on my wheels

Travelogues are some of my favorites types of summer reading. Even if I can’t get away as often as I’d like, it’s fun to live vicariously through someone else’s travel adventures. And if you can combine a great travel story with a beautiful cover like this one, I’m sold. “Greece on My Wheels” is the story of author Edward Enfield’s bicycle trip through Greece. That sentence alone is enough to make me want to read (and join him on the ride) but stories of amazing fish dinners, dusty country roads and tales of ancient Greek history that are inside really seal the deal for me. To top it off, one of my favorite illustrators, Alice Stevenson, created a gorgeous cover for the book. I’ve always wanted to see those beautiful blue and white buildings so for now this book and Alice’s illustrations will keep the dream alive. If you’re looking for a fun summer read you can pick up a copy right here. xo, grace

1. These pictures are too cute!

2. Elizabeth says:

I love the cover and really want to read the book. Though I am sure like most it travelogues will leave me wanting to quit my job and spend my life living out of my travel case.

3. iris says:

I was in the Greek Islands for work a couple years ago (and may go again). those white+blue houses are all they’re cracked up to be.

4. Katie says:

A dear friend of mine is in Greece right now. I’ll have to find her a copy when she gets back! For now, the cover alone is making me want to hop on a plane and join her even more than I already do. I love those colors.

5. nileta says:

really nice to hear kind words about my country :) the traditional houses on the aegean islands really are like that and there is a lot more to discover! the book sounds ineresting and i will get a copy asap!
    here’s a hotel a friend of mine is running thpast year:

6. Makenzie says:

Beautiful! One of my dreams has been to bike through either Italy or Greece.

7. Serenitsa says:

I didn’t know that a book like this exists! Wonderful cover!! Greetings from a greek fan of your site! :)

8. That first picture looks exactly like this one I drew when I was young based on a photo my mother had took in Greece in the early 70’s!