before & after: embroidered-back chair

I’ve always been a fan of seeing embroidery on unconventional materials: porcelain, wood, metal, and so on. With a couple well-placed embroidered monogram letters, wood and craft workshop mentor Dana Israel has given this simple little chair infinitely more personality and sweetness. Wonderful job, Dana! — Kate

1. Wow, that looks great. I’d love to try that on a piece of furniture

2. Such a lovely idea!! I think it would be perfect for my daughter’s study table! Thanks for giving me the idea.. xx meenal

3. Kate says:

This is super cute. I’m curious what the back looks like. How do you make the stitching look finished on the reverse side?

4. I love this! It’s so sweet and charming. Great job in this!

5. I like the change in fabric for the seat. A skirt could be added, but the possibilities for variation are endless. __ The Devoted Classicist

6. Oh – those are so sweet!

7. Kiki says:

While this is gorgeous, I mean amazing and beautiful and I’ve never seen anything like it…those aren’t embroidery stitches. It’s a form of cross stitch :)

8. Jené says:

I love this! So beautiful.

9. Elizabeth says:

What else can I say, but this is so loverly!

10. nellie says:

I’d love to know how she accomplished the cross stitch on the wood and see the back as well. Gorgeous though and definitely thinking out of the box. Brava.

11. Annie says:

Il liked better it before

12. gili ungar says:

i love these chairs!

13. Mary says:

I liked it better before too . . . sorry not my style. The chair was edgy and cool before and now a little too nanna and twee for me. Each to there own though – never one to knock the creative process . . . obviously more likes than dislikes here . . . so I guess it is well done to you!

14. small says:

I love these chairs! What a great idea.

15. monica says:

what a fantastic idea!!

16. Stacia says:

I love this! This would be a great project for my art students to do on some old chairs from school. Great idea!