wow shelf

Folded textures or patterns are some of my favorite designs to use at home. Something about the simple act of folding and seeing paper or other materials wrapped snugly around themselves feels instantly comforting to me. Maybe it’s the way the folds create natural pockets that feel tucked away and safe, but it’s a texture that always seems to work well with home products. This new shelf called “WOW” by Latvian student designer Arthur Analts plays with that folding texture in a way that creates perfect little pockets that act as a landing strip for keys, pens and any other odds and ends you have around the house. Inspired by the symbol for the mythological Latvian goddess Mara, Arthur’s shelf is made from a single piece of powder-coated aluminum. Each shelf holds up to 93 pounds and would work just as well in an entryway as it would in a home office or kitchen. Arthur’s website is still being built (it’s due to launch May 20th), but you can email him here if you’d like to ask about purchasing or get more details.*

*I’ll update this post when the site is live.

1. Claudine says:

I totally need a place for the flotsam and jetsam in our home! :)

2. I would like to buy one of these! they are awesome! Can’t wait to see the live site. :)

3. Maure Briggs- Carrington says:

VERY cool !!!

4. Susana says:

what a wonderful way to solve the dilemma of “where are the keys?”

5. Roxy Marj says:

:( I actually don’t like it. The design itself is nice but the thought of hanging a tiny little shelf like this with a shallow space that is only big enough to hold house floaters would drive me insane… Perhaps I just need the supersized version? : /

6. Madena says:

OMG, I must get this shelf! Where can I purchase this?

1. grace says:

you can email the designer above about pricing/sales, etc :)

7. these are very cool..very sculptural! have a lovely check out an awww-inspiring image on my blog today! xx meenal

8. judith b. says:

I think this shelf is perfectly beautiful, with or without “house floaters”. A piece of sculpture, yes. Especially in white. LOVE that “pinked” edge detail on the fold over…and love your words describing your attraction to it!

9. Lyndsey says:

is it just me or is the designer’s email not in the post? I’d love to email him!! Can you share the email address please?

1. grace says:

it’s where it says “email here” in the post, it should pop open a new email window if you click it.

10. Arthur says:

You can contact the designer here –
    P.S. wow will be available on in next few days.

11. Attiser says: