waylande gregory shakers

Today is my last day home in Virginia, so I’m soaking up every bit of “home” that I can this morning. A big part of being home for me is poring over my mom’s impressive collection of home magazines. While our styles overlap more frequently than they used to, her magazine collection tips more toward “traditional” than mine, so I enjoy getting to check out issues that I wouldn’t normally grab on the stands. While she was working on her crossword puzzle, I was flipping through the April issues of Traditional Home and House Beautiful and came across these adorable shakers from artist Waylande Gregory. Inspired by his sculptures, each of the shakers above feels like the perfect way to add a bit of color to the table. I’ve never been a big salt-shaker person (I prefer a salt cellar or bowl), but the turquoise crane shakers above might make me a convert. You can pick up the animal styles right here ($125 per pair) or the metallic styles below ($125 as well) right here. I can’t wait for summer entertaining . . . xo, grace

1. homestilo says:

The metallics are gorgeous. I’m not really a salt and pepper shaker person either, but these I would love to have.

2. Roses says:

$125.00 seems a bit steep but the turquoise ones are very adorable.

3. Monika says:

These are sooo funny! A good idea for a gift!

4. Brittany says:

I love those! I collect salt & pepper shakers… but i’m very selective…. those would definitely make the cut!

5. AH! These are amazing..I love the turquoise pair! people are just so darn creative!

6. Katie says:

These are so awesome, but personally I think you’d have to be a lunatic to drop $125 on salt + pepper shakers.

7. Livia says:

These last gold saltshakers did make my eyes twingle *-*

Livia
    eumoraria.blogspot.com

8. love the colourful ones! so much fun!

9. I love these! Salt and pepper shakers are one of my fave kitchen items, i’ve been thinking of starting a collection… if I had a spare $125 (!!) these would definitely be on my list…

10. I am mildly obsessed with salt and pepper shakers…but not enough to shell out $100+ for them. I love the orange elephants though!