ropey summer design

While my raging sinus infection did its best to keep me away from the outdoors this past weekend, I managed to get out in my parents’ yard for a hours to soak up some much needed sun. And as much as I love deck chairs, you really can’t beat a good hammock or hammock chair. I’ve been hunting for a new favorite for a while and thankfully Anthropologie has come to my rescue with a gorgeous under $100 version that has the rope detailing I love to use in the summer. When the temperatures top 70 degrees I start adding in rope detailing to my bags and shoes and I especially love the way its incorporated into the handles on this sleepy summer hammock. If that sucker doesn’t scream “come take a nap in the sun” I don’t know what does. I think it would go perfectly with the rope table below or, if you’re like me and don’t have room for a full hammock, the beautiful blue hammock chair below (sadly pricier at $498) is a great option, too. Here’s a virtual toast (mine is water with cold-busting Emergen-C pack) to summers spent lounging in the sun… xo, grace

1. a lucite table with rope handles!! now that is really fancy!! thanks for sharing..have a lovely day, visit my blog when you have a moment! xx meenal

2. Oh, wow, that hammock is gorgeous & well-priced- you HAVE to order it!! I especially love that the rope is used as detail rather than woven as the actual hammock, which means no criss-cross marks across your whole body if you do fall asleep in it- lo!

3. Swilly says:

Another spectacular hammock selection for insanely cheap: Hamanica on Etsy.

They’ve got the intricate tassels, colors, and detailing, and all for under $60!!

4. Sharde says:

I’ve always had a hankering for a hammock, yet nowhere to put one!

5. Haley says:

So pretty!

Here’s one more!

6. I loved this furniture … just need a book and a drink

7. wow!! love the colors and the amazing lucite table…startng to appreciate lucite!

8. Love the colors. I would love to have a hammock to just lay in during summer!

Xx One More Chance

9. hena tayeb says:

love the last piece. So serene

10. Susana says:

I have a similar hammock – but it is all pink and can not wait to hang it out somewhere! (that chair is a dream)

11. Jill says:

I have the rope chair!!!! Picked it up at TK Maxx for £80, amazing find :)