national stationery show 2011: the final roundup

Today is my final post on the 2011 National Stationery Show. It was a show full of exciting ideas and the beginnings of some fun new trends. I’m really excited to see where the looser, softer watercolor-style stationery trend will go, and I’m always happy to see more gold pop up in cards. But for today, I’m rounding up the last of our favorites: summer-themed cards, Morse code necklaces (I just ordered one), mix tape stamps, geometric patterns and some great bike cards that I’m immediately buying when they hit the shelves. I hope you’ll enjoy this last roundup and check out more work from all of these talented designers. xo, grace

Images above: I loved the raised letters on these paper sheets from the sisters at Fawnsberg.

Image above: My beloved bike cards. Gilah Press really did it up this year with awesome bike stationery. I have hard time looking at them and not hearing lines from Portlandia’sDream of the 90s” song where they talk about “People ride bikes and double-decker bikes!” I actually saw my first hipster double-decker bike in Brooklyn the other day. It was insane.

CLICK HERE for 20 more new card designs from NSS after the jump!

Images above: Shoe and bike cards from Gilah Press.

Images above: I was so happy to see Jill Bliss back at the NSS this year after a three-year break. Her animal posters were fantastic — the images depict animals and nature found in their natural habitat. The black background prints were veggies Jill grew (and ate) in her own garden.

Image above: I loved this old-school skater girl card from Hammerpress.

Image above: This astrology card was a favorite of Amy’s. Design by Printerette

Images above: I loooved these Morse code necklaces from Coatt. You can get custom messages written in code. So sweet.

Images above: Sweet floral cards by Dear Hancock

Image above: A fun campfire card from Gold Teeth

Image above: Heron cards from Ink + Wit

Image above: Geometric thank yous from Yellow Owl Workshop

Image above: Ikat-style notepads from Susy Jack

Image above: We loved this arrow card by Anemone Letterpress

Image above: Sweet and simple pocket-sized notebooks from Pocket Dept.

Image above: These banjo and instrument cards from Wildhorse Press made me so happy.

Image above: How awesome are these customizable mix tape stamps from Yellow Owl Workshop? Christine always has fun new ideas.

Image above: A sweet space-themed card from Carrie at Two Trick Pony

1. Melanie says:

How can i purchase those bike cards from Gilah Press? SO in love with them!

1. grace says:

melanie

they’re available on their site. here’s the direct link: http://www.gilahpress.com/greetingcards/

grace

2. THANK YOU for reminding me about that Portlandia song. Seriously made my morning.

3. Carrie S. says:

The last card, Missing You, is actually from Two Trick Pony. And thanks for featuring it! :)

Oh, and I think the astrology card might be Printerette. Everything blurs together at NSS, but she was on my short list of favs.

1. grace says:

carrie

so sorry about that! fixing it now :)

grace

4. Kari says:

I love those morse code necklaces too! I have been seeing them pop up around the blogosphere (maybe on Cup of Jo?) and have been trying to figure out what I want mine to say…

1. grace says:

kari

i ordered two of them with different sayings, i couldn’t help myself ;)

grace

5. Susan says:

Hehe…hearing Fred Armisen on his bike in that skit, so funny. Love those cards!

6. Carrie S. says:

Thanks, Grace! And no worries…I can’t imaging trying to keep all the images correctly labeled with creators. Madness!

7. jessica says:

yes, the constellation collection was from printerette. also loved her lost dog card!

8. Erin Abbott says:

Hey Grace, you have the arrow sending thanks correct. Their line is so great!

9. Biscuit says:

I definitely NEED those bike cards! I think they’d be super cute framed!! =)

10. Alex Snowdon says:

Gorgeous, inspirational work, I LOVE those bicycles!

11. Love these. Cute and colorful!

12. Amy says:

I love those bike cards! It’s a shame I’m in the UK!

13. Deva says:

Love the handpainted cards from Dear Hancock!

14. Gwendolyn says:

Thank you for including us in your round-up. And I love the sparkly nail polish it really dresses that card up!

15. Carrie says:

Grace, thanks a ton for including my “Sending Thanks” card with such awesome company! Those Gilah Press bicycle cards are KILLING me, they are so good.

16. Martha says:

DROOL.

17. Mimi says:

Isn’t there an app for that? Just kidding but seriously I can’t send my mom all this cards and everyone I know lives down the street. ;) wonderful designs I dont want to mail them.

18. Randy Sloan says:

Absolutely beautiful work! I feel the need for some new business cards all of a sudden.