national stationery show 2011: part 2 (bright colors)

This year’s stationery show made me smile primarily because there was a real resurgence of COLOR. I’ve grown to appreciate subtlety in colors and patterns over the years, but a really nice bright color always gets my heart racing ten times faster. So this morning I thought it would be fun to round up my favorite uses of bright saturated color from this year’s National Stationery Show. These are the sorts of cards that stand out across a room and really bring a piece of paper to life. Bonus points for those designers who chose to keep the neon trend going. I never met an electric orange anything I didn’t like. xo, grace

Image above: An electric orange card from Gilah Press

Image above: Neon orange/pink card from Anemone Letter Press

Image above: A bright pink mitten card from Gold Teeth in Brooklyn.

Image above: The pink in Nathalie Lete‘s stationery collection was so vibrant. Especially against that bright green- it was just stunning.

CLICK HERE for 11 more beautiful bright cards after the jump!

Image above: a bright pink flower calendar from Susy Jack

Images above: All the cards at the Studio SloMo (one of my new favs) in Austin, TX. booth were alive with color. Electric pinks, blues and oranges made these cards some of my absolute favorites. Even when the colors got softer in hue, it was still a vibrant sherbet color, rather than a muted one.

Images above: colorful cards from Carrie at Anemone Letterpress.

Image above: I loved the electric red in this holiday card from Yellow Owl Workshop.

Image above: the dotted line in this heart card from Gold Teeth was so bright it felt like it was stitched with a neon thread. Perfect for Valentine’s Day.

Images above: More neon cards from Gilah Press

1. I love stationary – texts / emails / tweets just can’t compete with a lovely notecard like these ones ;) Great feature.

2. Shones says:

I really like the “I love you more than…” cards. I would buy those. That’s saying quite a lot, as I really don’t buy cards very often.

3. Laura M says:

I’m drooling a little bit….

4. I’m obsessed with neon and I love those Gilah cards!

5. Laurel says:

I’m definitely loving the cards by Studio SloMo…they remind me of some 1980s children books I had when I was little (in a good way).

1. grace says:

laurel

wait till you see them in person, they’re fantastic. def in my top 5 booths from the show.

grace

6. jHill says:

love the gilah ones, so funny.

7. Tina says:

Hey Grace,
    I think a lot of the ones you tagged at Studio SloMo are actually from my friends at Anemone Letterpress. Could you check? Neon Cheers and Birthday cards are definitely Carrie’s from Anemone. Love is not.

1. grace says:

tina

oh, i’m so sorry. i has those tagged in order as people from slomo, i’ll double check right now…

grace

1. grace says:

ah! i’m checking now- sorry about that- you’re right!! fixing now..

g

8. Carrie says:

Hi Grace,
    Thanks for the post and for editing the credit. Actually there are a couple more too… Flag thanks, lion and congrats hearts are mine as well. I remember that it was super busy when you guys came through. Thx again!!

9. Carrie says:

Thanks, thanks!!

10. Jennifer says:

I just went to the Gilah website and bought so many cute cards, there may not be anything left!

11. I love these bright colors- especially those Anemone Letterpress cards!

12. Bre says:

I have a soft spot for brightly colored (large) text. I can’t handle it, it’s always so pretty. Especially in letterpress… ohhh boy. These were all so fun to look at! :) :)

xx

13. Danielle says:

The “I love you more than…” cards have a special place in my heart. My husband and I used to email and text “I love you more than”s back and forth when we were dating long distance. We would try to make them clever and funny. I’ll still try to fit a few in a card every now and then. I’ll need to order a few of these!

14. Chante says:

I had no idea that a national stationery show even existed and now I’m (wait for it…) OBSESSED!!!

15. susy says:

oh my! i didn’t realize my flowers were in the mix…now i do!

thank you so much for adding my calendar into the mix with these amazing and colorful designers.

it was wonderful to see you at the show. I’m really looking forward to more of your Surtex finds, too. : )

16. erin michele says:

studio slomo is one of my favs too! sarah has a way with the paper. so rad.

17. that hot pink cheers card is so great!