make it yours: gemma ahern

Gemma Ahern paired up with her sister Abigail (both part of Atelier Abigail Ahern) to create this amazingly designed 1,200-square-foot apartment. The dark wall colors — along with the combination of simple, modern and quirky vintage décor — make this home a pretty unique one. I love to see pops of neon used like this! These ladies have a great eye for design and color. What’s very exciting is that much of what you see in Gemma’s home can be bought at Atelier — from the coffee table to the bookcase wallpaper; they even have a book out called A Girl’s Guide to Decorating! Click here to see the original sneak peak of Gemma’s home and here to take a look at Abigail’s sneak peek. — Lauren

Palette 1 (Living Room)
A. Black Suede (Behr), PMS Black; B. Amethyst (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 260; C. Yellow Mustard (Valspar), PMS 116; D. Razzle Dazzle (Benjamin Moore), PMS 806; E. Steel Wool (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 424

Roundup 1 (Living Room)
1. Lacquer Coffee Table, $1460; 2. Cielo Graphic Sectional Pieces, $599+; 3. Bookcase Wallpaper, $298; 4. Greyhound Lamp, $540; 5. Girl’s Guide to Decorating, $28; 6. Star Cushion, $250; 7. Raven Glassware, $298

CLICK HERE for the 2nd roundup and more products after the jump!

Palette 2 (Kitchen)
A. Steel Wool (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 424; B. Inventive Orange (Sherwin-Williams), PMS 1565; C. Blue Mosque (Sherwin-Williams), PMS 639; D. Sweet Mustard (Valspar), PMS 115; E. Black Suede (Behr), PMS Black

Roundup 2 (Kitchen)
1. Bernard Py Painting, $895+; 2. Gelda Flowers, $38; 3. Half Moon Pendant, $635; 4. Container Round Table, $815; 5. Tulip Arm Chair, $225; 6. Buttering Board, $26; 7. Large B/W Vase, $279

1. lawn party says:

love love the neon!!!

2. Hope says:

Love those color palettes. Very inspiring!!

3. Bright says:

I’ve always enjoyed dark walls in theory, but I think that if I lived in a house, surrounded by the dark-dark-dark colors, I would feel claustrophobic. I need bright light and openness.

The greyhound lamp is fierce.

4. So loving the kitchen, the Blue Mosque on the cabinets is freakin fantastic!

5. Bre says:

These colors are soooo daring and dark, with splashes of color – I LOVE IT. :) Soo much inspiration going on in my head right now….

going to pin… :)

thanks for sharing!

xx

6. Susana says:

I still remember when I fell in love with that hot pink table and that grey couch but can not remember where I saw it… regardless, I am so happy to see it again!

7. Adam Booth says:

Such a different yet fantastic look.

They certainly aren’t scared of bold colour palettes. The dark charcoal of the living room walls, contrasted with the hot pink and yellow is striking and a great unique touch. The kitchen uses an unconventional colour palette but is dramatic and individual.

Great lateral thinking used to create a new stunning look.

8. Love both schemes, but the first one is a killer. Amazing!

9. Carly says:

I am so coveting the Razzle Dazzle hot pink right now.

I also love the Simply Color posts – totally inspiring!

10. Amber Dawn says:

A nice dark atmosphere with cheerful bright place to gaze upon make this ideal for me. I love this idea!

11. Karen Wilson says:

Just spent yesterday at Abigail Aherne’s house.
    The soft velvety hypnotic hues of midnight Sky, the aubergine of Parisienne orinwork railings, aportugese dark olive green, and a magical, mystical childhood cocoa powder covering all architectural surfaces while suffused with acid yellow, turquoise, lapis, and a tarnished brass for accessory accents is mesmerising before attempting to describe the coccofony of fabulously discordant textures, shapes, eras and styles which vibrate with exceptional ‘harmony’ unlike any other.