juju papers

Just when I was starting to hear a voice in my head that said, “Maybe I could use a break from wallpapers for a bit,” I got an email from Avery at Juju Papers. Despite feeling like I was on the verge of a wallpaper hiatus, I let myself fall for Avery’s designs pretty quickly and imagined papering my kitchen in the red/cream design above. My design whims can be so fickle.

Avery hand-prints all of her wallpapers to order from her studio in Portland, Oregon. She uses water-based inks and sources sustainably harvested papers for each design, all of which were inspired by original ink paintings she created. I love the transition from painting to wallpaper and would love to see more artists embrace this look. It’s what made me fall in love with Nama Rococo years ago, and it’s what draws me to these pieces now — that hand-drawn feeling that looks so fresh in wallpaper form. You can check out all of Avery’s designs right here and place an order via her website. I’d love to see images of these installed, so if anyone takes the plunge and orders them, please pass on your “after” photos. I can only imagine how pretty these look in person. xo, grace

CLICK HERE to view more patterns from Juju Papers after the jump!

1. fun designs. I love the leaf pattern in the second to last photo

2. desi says:

so pretty and fun ,cant wait to have my own place to go crazy on the wallpaper :D muahahaha!

3. Fantastic wallpaper designs – gives such a lovely fresh look!

4. Sherri B. says:

How fun!! Some remind me of my Spirograph days.

5. Great Designs! Ive gotten all of my wallpaper materials online at DDO. Check them out!

6. Bre says:

I’m loving all of these wallpaper posts, they’re making me nostalgic for my little youth and all the wallpaper stores my mom dragged me to.

However, these are 100 times cuter of course. :)

xx

7. wallpaper is getting so good these days

8. Tina says:

Top photo in green. I LOVE it!!!

9. Susana says:

I must convince my husband that wallpapers are awesome, get a bunch of money, get them all

10. Belly B says:

I love patterned wallpaper!!! Especially the first one! :)

11. Heather Jean says:

I’m trying to figure out what the furry/spiky thing is in the second photo…

12. Biscuit says:

They’re so fun! I definitely feel like they’re be best in a cute little cabin or some awesomely retro place in Palm Springs! <3

13. so stoked that wallpaper is back! loving these patterns!

14. hena tayeb says:

Great wallpaper deisgns. I can’t pick a favorite.. all of them are so fabulous

15. sue bulmer says:

wow, these are amazing, I just love the leaves, wish my cottage walls were strisgh enough for wall-paper as I’d order some of this in a flash!!

16. Andrew Smith says:

These are simply amazing wallpaper designs! The patterns are very pleasant and remind me of the famous designer, Orla Kiely. Love them!

17. Amazing colours. Simply gorgeous ;)

18. sécia says:

I’ve been looking for wallpapers like these forever! So glad you posted about this.

♥ sécia

19. Nikki says:

simple, random, good hues & combo of tones. i like very much – thanks for finding & sharing

20. em simonetta says:

Original, love the look. Great designs. Beautiful colors. Thanks for posting!

21. Meghan says:

Oh, these are just a little bit too cool. I adore the hand drawn look of the leaf design.

22. barnaby says:

I need something that’s victorian but not too victorian for my kitchen walls. these are perfect!