creme cycles

Ok, I can’t say that a huge part of me isn’t repeating this post title a few times in my head because it starts to sound like Creamsicle. I know it’s only 8am, but doesn’t that sound delicious right about now? I’ve never (ever) been above starting my day with dessert so I’m really tempted to walk to the corner store and get one now. But first, Creme Cycles.

May is National Bike Month so I’ve been doing my best to get out and ride as much as possible. Nothing beats a neighborhood bike ride to clear your head and remind you of being a kid again. While I love my bike, I’m always tempted by new models that come out. And these new frames from Creme Cycles are seriously tempting.

Manufactured in Europe, Creme designs commuter bikes with the help of an expert steel frame maker from Japan. I love the way they combine street bike coolness with details that feel a bit more feminine and design-forward. I think everyone should ride a bike at least a few times a week so if these inspire anyone to pick up and ride, Bike Month will be doing its job. Click here to check out Creme’s bikes online. Happy Riding! Thanks to Monika for the tip- xo, grace

1. Roxy says:

Oh holy moly!! I need her :)

2. Reva says:

hi grace,
    these are lovely. but i’d suggest you also take a look at (and maybe write about) the ‘brompton’ folding bike from the UK. it’s an incredible urban biking machine… super cool design that folds up into nearly-briefcase size for easy small-space stashing…or if you have it out in a corner of your living space, it looks like a lovely bit of cycling sculpture and engineering genius. comes in great colors and you can trick it out beautifully with leather seats, etc. i’ve been riding it for four years and am a HUGE fan. there’s a great basket accessory that slides on/off and you can fit the whole thing in a supermarket shopping cart, a taxi trunk, swing it onto a bus or subway if needed… my husband rides it every day from morningside heights to bklyn hts; i write it many days from morningside up to washington heights….check it out!

1. grace says:

thanks reva!

i just heard about that bike this weekend and how amazing it is, i will definitely check it out :)

grace

3. lisa grue says:

I would love to have a bike like this. Especiallly here in Copenhagen were we bika a lot.
    greetings from Lisa, Copenhagen

4. Monika says:

I love bikes, and such beautiful ones I adore!

5. These bikes are so pretty. I really wish that people biked more in the States; these bikes really inspire me to get around more without a car. How could you not want to bike if you had access to one of these?? So cute…and the name just does it for me, perfectly tops off the look :)

6. Jayca says:

In light of Bike Month, my current residency in a beautiful-weather state and lack of license, I’ve been seriously considering investing in a gorgeous bike to get me around better than the busses and with more class (and fun!). Does anyone know how to even start the process? I’m a bit afraid of walking into a shop and either ‘getting sold’ on the newest thing, or selling myself on the pretty of bikes like these.
    Helpful resources from experienced riders would be so, so . . . well, helpful!:)
    Many thanks –

7. Cat says:

Oh my goodness! These bikes are so wonderful. I like to think of a dreamy cycle around Paris on one…

Luckily there’s a UK stockist not too far from me! :D

(Also love the idea of dessert for breakfast.)

8. Susan says:

Oh, yet another bike I will covet…sigh. ;)

9. Ecce says:

Beautiful bikes! but…no stockist in the US?!?!?!

1. grace says:

ecce

i bet they’ll have one soon. it seems like something adeline adeline would stock.

they have a stockist in canada if you want to ask about what shipping is like from somewhere a little closer: http://www.lamacycles.com/

grace

10. Lisa says:

AH I love these. Almost bought one this weekend. My favorite color. But some one else bought! Not meant to be right now i guess.

11. Belly B says:

There’s something about bicycles that just make me smile from ear to ear :)

12. Megan says:

Lovely bikes! Any recommendations for decent priced and decent looking bike helmets?

13. Elissa says:

I just dropped my old bike off at the shop for a tune up and finally ordered a helmet. Bell makes some fairly cute ones, either the Citi or the Arella. They don’t have that pointy aerodynamic thing in the back and have a cute little visor in the front. They aren’t super sexy, but much better than most of what’s on the market. http://www.bellsports.com/cycling/helmets/pavement/arella

14. Evelin says:

I need one soooo bad :)

15. Monika says:

Creme cycles doesn’t have a distributor in US now, but good option for buy Creme is chain reaction online store;)
    check this ;) http://cremecycles.com/distribution.html

16. These bikes are beautiful! Looking to getting a new bike soon and will definitely consider creme cycles! :)