Best Loved Peeks

In honor of today, we wanted to put together a special collection of sneak peeks based on “people’s choice.” Using a very unscientific formula of most-viewed and most-commented posts, we’ve pulled together a collection of everyone’s favorites. To add to the fun, we’re celebrating our new look by collecting images that match our color scheme. Going through these photos, I couldn’t help but think how all these spaces have shaped who we are today. And while we love every home we’ve been lucky enough to share over the years, here are a handful of the “Best Loved Peeks.” What’s your all-time favorite peek? Let us know in the comments below! — Anne

Image above: The home of Abigail Ahern attracted attention with unexpected gray walls and fun pieces throughout her home.

Image above: Samantha Reitmayer of style/SWOON
literally made readers swoon over her place.

Image above: The home of Sarah Bedford and Alan Hill blends the styles of this creative couple with a color palette that caught the eyes of many.

Image above: “Organic and handsome” is how one reader described Josh Vogel’s Hudson Valley cottage

Image above: The contemporary yet comfortable home of Lisi and Alex lets us travel to Barcelona.

Image above: Caitlin and Samuel of Popham Design made readers want to tile their homes after a glimpse into their Moroccan house.

Image above: Rob Brinson and Jill Sharp Brinson showed how even an old plow factory can become a beautiful home.

Image above: The home of Gemma Ahern stood out from the rest (well, except for her sister).

Image above: Readers loved the home of Matthew Bird and the way his unique style came through.

Image above: Readers noticed lots of little touches in the London home of Florence Rolando.

Image above: Kirsten Voortman invited us into her Amsterdam home — no fear of pink here!

Image above: Color was the secret to success for the home of Sarah Hvass

Image above: Anne Cramer’s home was often called “dreamy” by readers.

Image above: Fiona Douglas of Bluebellgray showed us how florals and color can weave the way through a home, where her own work takes center stage.

Image above: Cecile Carré’s home Casa Radas
is one the creations of MisMAS, her “interior design company for everybody.”

Image above:
Lizzy Janssen’s jewel-box apartment is a grown-up version of the dollhouses she loved as a kid.

Image above: Shay Ometz’s home was a big hit for its mix of mid-century modern and color.

Image above: The home of Lara Collins was loved for feeling lived in with great style.

Image above: Kirra Jamison and Dane Lovett’s Melbourne home
in a converted industrial warehouse grabbed attention from readers around the world.

Image above: Sophie Blackall’s home made readers think, with an overall “creepy but cool” win.

Image above: Ashley Helvey and Miles Pederson
remind us that even workspaces can be beautiful.

Image above: “Lovely eclecticism” was how one reader described the home of Emily and Andrew de Stefano

Image above: Jordan and Jason of Enormous Champion pleased readers with their knack for incorporating objects that they love.

1. Brooke H says:

Amazing! Every single picture is going into my home inspiration folder. Love the new site too! Great job DS team!

2. I don’t know why, but I LOVE pot racks! Just the simplicity of it is like pure art to me! I’ve always wanted high enough ceilings in my kitchen to have one!

3. Tracy C says:

Love love love the new site – the ideas are so inspiring as well – proud to be a follower!

4. Marta says:

My favourite sneak peek was the Casa Radas one! it was brilliant!

5. Summer says:

Cannot get over the new site! It both looks and functions beautifully! Congratulations to everyone who was part of the process, splendid job!

6. hena tayeb says:

So much to love. Still trying to get over the awesomeness of the new site. But the photographs.. these rooms are gorgeous.. love the art on the walls in room 7 and 14.

7. I had to go in twice before I realized I was on the right site. Love the newness and the look. I’m especially influenced by Abigail’s gray walls. Gray is the new home furnishings color!!

8. Tania says:

These are all so lovely and unique. Very inspirational.

9. loving the new look Design*Sponge!

10. Charlene/ says:

Totally inspirational.

11. Eye candy! loving the new site by the way ;)

12. Alex says:

wow! The purple-wall/floral painting combination is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing it!

13. David says:

Very beautiful!

14. That crown molding in the first picture is to die for! Just beautiful!

15. Love these photos, they make me happy just looking at them!

16. Tami says:

Wonderful spaces – thanks for posting them again. I notice, however, that most feature walls with beautiful saturated colors – not the stark all-white interiors most decor blogs feature. Is this a coming trend, or is everyone else simply sick of being fed all-white like me?

17. Tami says:

PS – Great rehab of the site, too! Your attention to important details wins the day again!

18. Diane says:

All of these peeks have been among my favorites. They have the “whimsey
    factor” which makes them special…and which distinguishes your home tours.

Hope the de-bugging includes figuring out what to do with the distracting ad at the top. It makes me grumpy. With that exception, your site is fabulous and your hard work has paid off!!!

19. Molly says:

Gorgeous glimpses! I think my faves are Sarah and Alan’s muted blue wall with terracotta curtains. (A recent obsession of mine as they were my wedding colors). And Fiona’s bright wall with that vibrant screen and pops of pink is fantastic.

20. Eva says:

The sneak peeks that inspired me the most were the one from Something’s Hiding In There, Ombline de Kersabiec and Gemma Ahern. I like them so much beause they are so different and exciting.

21. Eva says:

oh yeah and Bladon Connor!

22. Tiffany Brown says:

Great new format!!! Have always loved your site and will visit more often now. Your selection of posted material is great and creative.

23. Great picks. And I love how you tied in the new blog color scheme. Very nice. Two of my favorite peeks were from Fine Little Day and Shop Horne.

1. Grace Bonney says:

the shop horne peek is still one of my favs. can never get it out of my head ;)

24. i always love revisiting these images and remembering which were my favorites, and now seeing new favorites. so many great pops of pink. makes me want to go work on the house, like NOW. :)

25. They’re all so fab…I couldn’t possibly pick a fav ;)

26. Lisa C. says:

Your site is my absolute favourite! I have spent hours scrolling through sneak peeks and I am missing them in your new formatting…are they hidden away somewhere?

1. Amy Azzarito says:

Hi Lisa! The peeks are still there! They are under “Spaces” Lots of new ways to filter them now – you can find your favorites by size, style or location.
      xo Amy

27. I love this post. Thanks for compiling this collection. I simply had to pin some of these on Pinterest. Very inspirational.

28. catherine says:

love these choices, and the new look for designsponge :) i consider the sneak peeks to be very inspirational; how do i access the archived sneak peeks? pls.advise. again: cheers on the new look!

1. Grace Bonney says:

hi catherine

the sneak peeks have their own landing page called “spaces” in the main navigation bar above. you can view archives there and filter/search them by all the different terms like ownership, size, location, style :)

29. Great “Best Loved Pics”! I’m not sure how to search the old sneak peeks but there was one with big whiteish stencils on the floor, I think the owner had done them temporarily but I loved the look! Also, as a working artist I just wanted to tell you I really appreciate it when you feature beautiful workspaces, it’s so fun to see the creativity.

1. Grace Bonney says:

hi karen

that’s catherine’s house :)

you can use the search bar above to search old posts if you’d like, but this one was stuck in my head..

30. Yes! Love those floors! That one is definitely going into the “Dream Studio” file. Thanks for getting back to me Grace.

31. love these looks – great inspiration ideas for my projects

32. Lindsay says:

Awwww, I love the one from home of Lara Collins. “We are so good together” above the bed. That is so sweet.

33. monicaaaa says:

hah ,it’s very impressive, well done .

34. fiona says:

love the new look! and fiona douglas and Kirra Jamison and Dane Lovett’s homes are my all time faves :)

35. charlene says: