before & after best of: side tables

With the exception of chairs, side tables are probably the best piece of furniture for a Before & After newcomer. They are lightweight and easy to toss into the car or carry home; they are also small and manageable, and if you mess up one, you usually have an identical one waiting for a second try. Seriously though, I love little tables, and I’m excited to show you some of our best side table Before & Afters. I’m hoping they will inspire you to try out some of these techniques on a neglected table of your own, and perhaps soon I’ll have a flurry of beautiful table projects in the ol’ inbox. Enjoy! — Kate

Image above: Sarah’s pretty patterned side tables make a great case for painting old wood to make something unexpected.

CLICK HERE to see more before & after side tables after the jump!

Image above: If you have a little scrap fabric and paint lying around, you may have all you need to recreate Cindy’s cheerful blue side table.

Image above: Amanda’s rustic entryway table

Image above: Diana’s graphic and feminine tile-top table

Image above: D*S reader Jody created this amazing industrial-style side table out of old wooden drawers.

Image above: Elle’s inventive salvaged side table

Image above: To be inspired by what a little paint can do, check out Jessy’s sunny side table.

Image above: Celebrate color and pattern with Justina’s decoupaged side table.

Image above: Karen’s log side table.

Image above: If you need a little outside-the-box inspiration, check out Mia’s side table made from an old medicine cabinet and chair — secret storage included!

Image above: Lauren’s sophisticated side table

Image above: Marion’s black & white side table redo

1. Great ideas….thansks for the inspiration. I love the use of hardware too, I think that really helps and character to a piece of furniture.

2. Biscuit says:

They’re all so inspirational! I really need to keep my eyes out for sad old furniture to re-do… or I could just start on some of the sad old furniture all over my house! Haha! =)

3. marisa says:

i just bought supplies to make over my side tables, so this post is perfect timing! thank you for some more inspiration!

4. great the last one the me idea to redo my own sidetables..thanks for sharing..would like you to check out photos of my daughter’s room on my blog today..have a lovely day.xx meenal

5. Diana says:

Gorgeous! So inspiring :)

– Diana

6. Nowvintage says:

Great post!
    My favorite has to be Jody’s here but all of them are really beautiful and well done.

7. The industrial table by Judy was a great renovation. Especially like the hands.

8. hena tayeb says:

Great post.. I love these DIY before and after post..

9. So cute ;) Great round up!

10. Jess says:

love the log table!

11. these are all brilliant – the ‘log to fluffy chair’ one made me double-take at first, lol~

12. Thank you for the inspiration, all tables are brilliant! It’s amazing how some paint and a change of hardware can change the look!

13. karen berg says:

Oh they all look so fantastic! Justina’s though is my absolute favorite, it just makes me happy to look at it. Good job!

14. LindseyBee says:

love that yellow table! as a matter of fact, I love all of these before & afters! So many great, inspiring decor ideas :)

15. Julia says:

Some fantastic, ingenious ideas here!

16. Alissa says:

Wow, I love how the last table looks like it is cranky and talking with its mouth full. :)

17. Steph says:

I love these! I’m currently looking for a pair of matching side tables to refinish. It’s not easy to find ones with the right shape.

18. Heather Turman says:

Amazing! I am the lucky owner of Sarah’s pretty patterned side tables at the top of this post. They are beautiful and functional to boot. Best buy of the year for me!

19. Jo Kin says:

Wow, that industrial one was cool!