normann copenhagen whisk

When it comes to kitchen gadgets, I’m constantly lamenting how my favorite pieces (old, wood and worn-in) aren’t always the most functional or ergonomic. They look beautiful, and worn wood feels soft to the touch, but if you have to stir and fold something a million times, they start to lose their charm. That said, the ultra-ergonomic OXO-type gadgets smack me in the face with so much ugly that I find myself hiding them in drawers.* Why can’t function and form marry more frequently when it comes to kitchen gadgets?

Thankfully, they have when it comes to these lovely whisks from Normann Copenhagen. I’ve heard from a friend who just got a set that they’re easy on the hands and the eyes, which is a win-win in my book. Inspired by the silhouette of an Italian Cypress tree, these whisks combine bamboo and plastic for a tool that’s useful but not so plastic-y and unattractive that you have to hide it in a drawer. You can pick up this whisk right here at Gretel Home for $26. If anyone knows of another form-meets-function kitchen tool out there, I’m all ears. I’d love to find some that are pretty and practical. xo, grace

*I have a lot of love for OXO. After watching them in this movie, I really appreciate how much work goes into their products. I just wish they could be as beautiful as they are easy to use.

1. erin says:

oh! i need one of these! every time i use the whisk, i cringe and think about the cleaning part. these look a lot nicer & much easier to clean. and i like the colors. :)

2. Sarah Woods says:

So much going for this whisk! Good to see bamboo being used more in designs.

3. Cecilia says:

Ikea has some nice, all-metal utensils. I especially like what I think of as the “Swedish” whisk—at the end of the handle is a flat, horseshoe shape with a coil of metal wire wrapped around it. Perfect for whisking pan sauces since the whole whisk makes contact with the bottom of the pan.

4. Michelle says:

Oh I adore that!

5. These are great! I love the different colors and how easy they look to clean!

-Forever Lovely

6. WCP says:

I think I just saw these whisks in Dwell. Have you tried them before? Torn on whether they’re worth the price (does a whisk really add that much to my life)!

7. CarleyGeorged says:

glad you plugged objectified. regardless, these whisks are beautiful and would solve my gooey problems of things always getting stuck in traditional whisks. i’d take the risk.

8. Anna says:

This would also make an awesome head-scratcher.

9. I agree with Carley — they seem much more sanitary and easier to clean than normal whisks. Not to mention beautiful… I want the gray one!

10. jonahliza says:

i totally feel the same way. this whisk is so cool, and its good to hear, it works well.. i’ve been eyeing a little porcelain and wood mortar and pestle i saw online, at Williams-Sonoma..its just so pretty. you gotta check it out! have a lovely weekend/

11. dana says:

damn! these whisks are hhhhooottttt. i want this hot whisk. it’s too bad that if i were to use this hot whisk in a hot liquid, eeeeee – not so much. plastic? design-wise yup, but health-wise, not super cool. you know, knowing what we know about such things now…

12. Belly B says:

Oohh love cool kitchen stuff!! Those look super pretty!

13. Wanting to buy something cheap at a friend’s Pampered Chef party, I purchased some bamboo spoons. I love the look and feel of them, and find myself driven to using them whenever possible. They also look great sitting out in the kitchen.

14. Scott B says:

These are very interesting whisks. They’d look awesome in my kitchen! Thanks.