morning (pushpin) candy

I have yet to set up my new office at home, but when I saw these pushpins at the Curiosity Shoppe, I instantly felt inspired. I know it sounds a little weird to get inspired by a pack of colorful, normal pushpins, but I’m thinking their wonderfully minimal, Italian feel should be the theme of my new workspace. Clean, sparse and colorful — seems like a theme that would leave plenty of room for ideas and brainstorming. Normally, I pack my workspace with a bajillion clippings and find myself feeling overwhelmed, but something clean and colorful like this might do the trick. You can pick up a pack of these beauties (to inspire your own workspace) right here for $4. xo, grace

1. Susan says:

This is just the type of thing that gets me excited in the office! ;)

2. susy says:

oooh. yum! you’re right about the candy part. i would have to be careful not to want to eat these! : )

3. Inspiration can find us in the strangest of places! Although, I have a wee obsession with stationery items, so maybe for me this is not so strange…

4. eli says:

Colorful, yes… normal, I don’t think so, I find them cute!!

5. Colorful and cute things inspire me too!

6. Sarade says:

So much fun! If they make it look like candy, chances are, I will want to buy it. Target picked up on this some time ago.

7. Jasmine says:

i love it how you can get inspired by everyday things when you look at them with new eyes :)

8. It’s not weird at all! I love fresh office supplies.

9. These are SO cute! They might brighten up my dull gray cubicle.

10. Little finds like this are wonderful! A tiny, practical treat. I love things that are functional/useful and have whimsy.

11. Maru says:

Well, but in fact you can DO something with such a little “space”.

In the 80’s, my aunt used to paint any kind of patterns and mini designs inside pushpins, and they were GREAT!! I wish I could do it, but my hands are so shaky :(

That’s why I pass the knowledge :P

12. carmine says:

With all those colors, I first read “Pantone” instead of “Puntine”!

13. Helen says:

Wow…culture clash! These are totally normal ‘drawing pins’ to this here Scottish gal. That’s just how they come, and have done all my life!!

14. Charlotte says:

Ahahaha. (laughing at myself)

My pre-coffee morning brain read the title as “chocolate pushpins” and I stared at the screen in horror and fascination for a full minute trying to figure out how/why anyone would make such a dangerous little object into food. Just imagine the mix-up! OUCH.

15. Holly Jones says:

you’re right grace, color push pins ARE inspiring. and so is design*sponge. besides brushing my teeth, checking design*sponge is about the only other thing i manage to do every day.

16. Sarah C says:

We used to have those all over when I was little not sure if the brand was the same but I used to love the little sound the plastic tops would make when you shook them.