(mini) sneak peek: lena corwin

We have a little extra peek this morning! Lena Corwin is giving us a glimpse into her home in Fort Green, Brooklyn. Lena’s been a little busy lately — she has a fantastic new book of hand-drawn Maps (don’t miss the book giveaway) and a new baby — so she’s made sure that her home is a particularly calm oasis with mostly white walls and light, natural woods with a few splashes of color. Honestly, I feel a little calmer just scrolling through the photos! Thanks, Lena! — Amy A.

CLICK HERE for more of Lena’s Brooklyn home!

1. Alyson says:

That’s a really beautiful space! Definitely calming.

2. beautiful and calm. love the ceiling, the walls, the floor…happy new week

3. MEL says:

Ahhh! Fish mobile over the baby crib–where is that beauty from?? What a great place!

4. josh says:

Where is the Baby Crib from? We’re about to have a baby girl and have been looking for something similar with little luck so far.

5. Roxy Marj says:

Love Lena’s space. 4 years ago I was Lena’s intern for the summer. I loved going to her place for that exact reason >>> it was calm. :) Plus, Gus her little dachshund was a major loveboat! I had a huge crush on him. ;)

6. Roxy Marj says:

^ meant to add: I wish Gus was in some of these photos. :)

7. Rebecca Haas says:

Yay! I love Lena! And her house is beautiful! And her upstairs studio space is to die for for any city artist craving creative space. What lovely serene photos too! Hi Lena!

8. Jess says:

I was sad we didn’t get to see Gus the dachshund! That’s ok, loved the rocking chair.

9. fenny says:

love the dresser!

10. That really is a beautiful, calm space. Love (and by “love”, I mean “want”!) her bed and those open shelves in the kitchen.

11. Amy says:

Question, is that a toaster oven next to the fridge on the butcher block table? If so, what kind, I’ve never seen one like that.
    Thank you!

12. Oh wow, that detailing on the ceiling is amazing! Such a gorgeous space – I wish my home looked like that, post-baby nonetheless!

13. jennifer says:

Lena has my favorite brooklyn home ever. Not to mention my favorite studio ever.
    Natural, simple, effortless, beautiful taste.

14. Anna @ D16 says:

I always love seeing little peeks into Lena’s home. So beautiful, and such a perfect reflection of who she is as an artist.

15. Heather says:

hey josh, i’ don’t know where Lena got her crib but I know Ikea sells one with the same look:
    Good luck!

16. beautiful, calming interior..love the fish mobile above the crib..all the chandeliers and that gorgeous colorful rug..thanks for sharing! xx meenal

17. Love the big woven basket for the baby’s toys. So simple, unpretentious and inexpensive yet beautiful.

18. Tine says:

Such an amazing space… Looks like a really cosy home…

19. Wow, the light and the neutral palette are just gorgeous… I really love all the natural wood. Lovely post!
    ~el

20. Laura says:

What a calming space! Love it. Any idea where the headboard and footboard are from?

21. Lotta says:

I fell in love with the living room, nothing too special, just simply beautiful.

22. Laura says:

what are the paint colors on the walls, ceiling, trim? It’s so lovely and clean without being stark.

23. mixette says:

Tub Trugs *inside* for storage: what a good idea. Love her style.

24. I really enjoy all the use of wood in the baby’s room. Lovely. Those mouldings are amazing!

25. Laurie says:

beautiful. really sweet how clearly everyday things are elevated with a Lena Corwin look, it is like she painted some of these objects into life. I swear the plant, chandelier and rocking chair would be transformed to dowdy mundane objects in another space.

26. Stacie says:

That first photo absolutely gave me chills… like it was designed for me to live in. I’m a huge fan of Lena’s work, and now I’m a huge fan of her beautiful home! Wowza!

27. Naomi says:

Lena’s space is always such an inspiration! I love the natural light and wood.

28. db says:

perfect and soothing. everything single thing about it. inspiring!

29. Sandy says:

I love this home too! Any ideas where I can get a toy basket like the one she has in the baby’s room?

30. Love the simplicity and the calm, clean vibe… the floors are to die for.

31. tiny.k says:

Wow… the floors, the crown moulding, tall ceilings… such an elegant but playful home. So inspiring!

32. Heather says:

When I look at her home I think she has really carefully selected each item…there is no waste or clutter or unnecessary items. The elegance of her choices is simply beautiful to me.

33. This is such a lovely home. Beautiful!

34. jiminycrow says:

Ditto on the toaster oven… is it some sort of space-saver toaster oven? Sorry, I clearly have a thing for space-saving toaster ovens.

35. Beckie says:

All of that beautiful architectural detail makes my knees weak! I love the balance of all that jazz with simple furniture and colors.

36. Marcie says:

What lovely, lovely floors! Everything is so soothing and calm. I want to crawl right into those pictures.

37. to MEL and JOSH (and maybe SANDY):

Guys, Lena has a lovely little blog about her kid’s textiles and surrounding. She names the crib model + mobile in the very first posts there (don’t remember the brands but remember reading about these):

38. Anna says:

Minimal in a warm, very well-balanced way. Really nice!

39. Kate says:

Such a beautiful place!
    Thank goodness all that snow is now gone…And as a long time resident, it’s Fort Greene…(just looks funny to me when it’s spelled as Green)
    Thanks!

40. amy says:

toaster is a mr toasty sanyo or something like that

41. Maybe it’s being from Texas – the land of McMansions and bigger is better – but I can never get enough of these Brooklyn sneak peaks on D*S. All of that crown molding, ornate architectural details and beautiful floors – I’m obsessed! The snow capped stoops are just icing on the cake as triple digit summers are right around the corner!

42. I’ve been reading Lena’s blog for years, and really love her style. Thanks for a more in depth peek into her home. It’s very inspiring.

43. Loora says:

I’ve been in love with Lena Corwin’s style ever since I bought her book on textile printing, which is just amazing. I’m not surprised her home is so amazing !

44. Kristin says:

What a delicious home! Thank you, Lena, for sharing it with us. This is totally my style and I love how you’ve kept the integrity of the history of the space. Well done.

45. lucylikesit says:

eeek! lovely, sweet, perfect, so unfussy, I love it.

46. Shirin says:

Wow, the living room blows me away. Adore the paint scheme. And everything else! Truly inspiring.