make it yours: sweet juniper’s detroit home

Dutch, Wood and Juniper (from Sweet Juniper) live in this striking Detroit townhouse designed by Mies van der Rohe. The master bedroom is breathtaking with its light green paint color, full-sized window and minimalist style.

Many of the furnishings around the house are vintage finds that were made (or designed) in Michigan. The office desk (after the jump) is an old scoring table from a bowling alley! You can probably guess that I am crazy about that bold blue wall and will immediately be organizing my books by color! Check out the original sneak peek here. Now on to the pieces that will help you recreate these looks in your own home. — Lauren

Palette 1 (Bedroom)
A. Gray (Benjamin Moore), PMS 425; B. Peach Tea (Valspar), PMS 1355; C. Gleeful (Sherwin-Williams), PMS 586; D. Grandview (Sherwin-Williams), PMS 558; E. Banana Cream (Sherwin-Williams), PMS 7401

Roundup 1 (Bedroom)
1. Baxton Studios Rocking Chair, $149; 2. Maharam Small Dot Pillow, $150; 3. Pebble Vase, $20; 4. Nest Pins Sheets, $45+; 5. Vintage Oil Painting, $96; 6. Akari Lantern Table Lamp, $300

CLICK HERE for the second room and roundup after the jump!

Palette 2 (Office)
A. Black of Night (Sherwin-Williams), PMS Black; B. Reflecting Pool (Sherwin-Williams), PMS 3115; C. Gray Horse (Benjamin Moore), PMS 421; D. Dragon Fire (Behr), PMS 1505; E. Tame Teal (Sherwin-Williams), PMS 317

Roundup 2 (Office)
1. Wall Mounted Bookcase, $159+; 2. Fish Bowl, $6+; 3. Books Do Furnish A Room, $40; 4. Holga Camera, $48; 5. Swoop Plywood Lounge Chair, prices vary; 6. Slim Calculator, $25

1. january says:

i’m crazyinlove with that full size window. literally, head over heels. i need this!

january, x

2. While I’ve never been a huge fan of green rooms, that “Gleeful” paint shade may just have changed my mind…

3. Juan di Santo says:

Suggestions for the bedroom lamps:

4. Sarah says:

Oh, I love, love, love Sweet Juniper. They also now live with their 3-year-old son, Gram, and their energetic GSP, Wendell!

5. Alix says:

Desperately need to know where that bed frame is from!!!

6. jdg says:

wow, imagine my surprise to find our bedroom on design*sponge again after all these years! Thanks Lauren for helping remember what it looks like when it’s clean!

I lost my office when my son was born, and those bookshelves are now filled with 1960s and 1970s children’s books I salvaged from Detroit Public School buildings that were being demolished.

Alix, the bed is a vintage George Nelson case study bed from Herman Miller. I think there’s a company in California that remakes them.

7. Love these retro colour palettes. Super cute!

8. jdrake says:

love the color pallets in the designs. Eye Candy!!!

9. Missy says:

I love these guys. Been following them for years. :)

10. Tammy says:

Love the soothing & retro color palette. Perfect for a Mies Van der Rohe creation…

11. Alix says:

@jdg: thanks!

12. Sage & Style says:

I love Sweet Juniper. I wrote a story on their home for Detroit Home magazine … the owners and their daughter (they only had one at the time) were so sweet and decor savvy. These Mies van der Rohe houses are a true Detroit treasure … everyone should check them out!

13. Holly says:

What a gorgeous and serene bedroom. I adore that color palette!

14. Bonnie says:

I’m also very interested in finding out where the bed frame is from.

15. Mandy says:

Love that GSP – I have two of my own… the best thing about them (I mean, aside from the undying devotion and energy) is that they MATCH EVERYTHING!