make it yours: jeremy mcelwain

I’m not sure how I missed this sneak peek before, but thankfully Grace’s roundup of favorite homes led me to the colorful abode of Jeremy McElwain! Jeremy is one of the masterminds behind ColorTheory; he lives in Boston with his wife and two children. Naturally, Jeremy knows a thing or two about color and design. Although sometimes combining bold statement pieces and bright colors can be loud and overwhelming, Jeremy pulls the design together in a way that is inviting, cheerful and contemporary. The orange chairs in the hallway and the red chairs in the dining room create perfect pops of color and look amazing against the rich hues of the walls. It’s okay to be a little daring with color; in my experience, the most unexpected palettes can be the prettiest. Check out the original sneak peek to view more colors in Jeremy’s home. — Lauren

Palette 1 (Entrance Hallway)
A. Antique Green (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 377; B. Golden Fable (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 116; C. Startling Orange (Behr), PMS 165; D. Vivacious Pink (Sherwin-Williams), PMS 1905; E. Black Orchid (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 5255

Roundup 1 (Entrance Hallway)
1. Corallo Wallpaper, $212; 2. Quittin’ Time Clock, $80; 3. Canteen Hook and Knob, $39; 4. Green Cabinet, $350; 5. Herman Miller Plastic Side Chair, $249; 6. Umbra Coat Rack, $150

CLICK HERE for the second color roundup and shopping ideas after the jump!

Palette 2 (Dining Room)
A. Scarlet Sun (Valspar), PMS Warm Red; B. Arbor Green (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 339; C. Sea Air (Valspar), PMS 628; D. Ebony King (Benjamin Moore), PMS 433; E. Pavilion Gray (Farrow & Ball), PMS 428

Roundup 2 (Dining Room)
1. Rand Rug, $199; 2. Wood Spaulted Oval Bowl, $325; 3. Twine Floor Lamp, $199; 4. Kartell Lizz Chair, $285

1. Shari says:

Being a Flamenco dancer, I quickly identified that hot pink wall design on the entry way as the beautiful peinetas (hair combs) that dancers wear. I just love that original idea.

2. this dining room looks so lovely and unexpected. I visit your blog everyday. almost every time there is a new wow. Happy new week

3. Whitney says:

I die. This is so happy and joyful! Love the mix of modern and worldly textures – exactly what we are going for in our apartment!

4. I love the second photo. Red chairs are great. I’m loving the big mirror thing too. I’m definitely thinking about having one leaning up against a wall in our new home… just have to pick the right spot :)

5. Teresa says:

omg… love, love, LOVing this. Happy, whimsical, colorful… what a wonderful place to call home!

6. Amanda says:

So totally love these color palates! Just gorgeous!

7. Kiki says:

Wow! I love the first color palette! Xoxo pretty

8. LOVING all the bright colors! Especially the purples, oranges, and greens!!!

9. Lizet says:

It’s like all the colors from my shop were used for these awesomely decorated rooms! Love the bright in your face colors!

10. Wonderfully vibrant, the kind of thing that inspires a feeling of curiosity. I love the color combinations.

11. Caroline says:

pallet 2 is stunning. What a fun dining area!

12. I adore that wallpaper! Bold colours are divine.

13. Jen says:

The dining room is extraordinary. That chandelier!!! The chairs are amazing too.

14. Lovely colorboards-nice punchy colors they really help to visualize the design before its built. Helps to work the mistakes out first.

15. Kelsey says:

Gorgeous! The wallpaper is fantastic.

16. LOVE these colour schemes and decor ideas. So fresh, so fun, so fantastic!

17. Janne says:

OMG! I loooove that hallway with the pink and black wallpaper and the orange chairs, and the green desk…and yes, everything. SOOO pretty!!!!