current obsession: all the fish in the sea

I’m heading home to Virginia Beach this week to visit family and catch up on a little beach time (assuming the severe storm threat passes- eek!) so I’ve got water on the brain. This time of year I really miss the smell of salt air and it leaves me longing for anything that reminds me of the ocean. One of my favorite ocean-related motifs is a great fish pattern or shape, so I thought I’d indulge my beach home-sickness with a little fish-themed roundup. I hope you’ll find something in here to bring a little bit of the ocean into your home. xo, grace

Image above: 1. Lokta Fishes Paper $4.95; 2. Fish Mobile $109; 3. Crystal Fish Earrings (I’m obsessed with these) $213; 4. Herring Napkins $6; 5. Virginia Johnson Fish Shawl $195; 6. Papier-mâché fish $34

Image above: 1. Tekki Fish Statue $115; 2. Fish in the Sea Card $5.50; 3. “Just Keep Swimming” print $15; 4. Lacquered goldfish box $36; 5. Neptune Napkin $12; 6. Expandable Fish Trivet $16.95; 7. Acrylic Fish Ring $95

CLICK HERE for nine more fishy finds after the jump!

Image above, clockwise from top left: Fish Stamp set $8.50; Fish Treasure Box $19.55; Origami earthenware fish $14

Image above: 1. Retro fish dish cloth $7; 2. Fish lightswitch cover $24; 3. Fish “coloring” book $10.95; 4. Pair of fish statues $375; 5. Foldable paper fish model $16

Image above: Vintage lucite fish earrings $20

1. I’m usually not much of a fish person, but these finds are super cute ;)

2. Hanneke says:

Love the ‘just keep swimming’ print!

3. MThayer says:

have to say i am loving the color palette in the just keep swimming print. cute stuff.

4. The fishbone earrings are too much fun!

5. Love all the fish stuff :) haha fish coloring book

6. LOVE the fish/coral stamp set! The rest of her hand-carved stamps are equally fabulous. thanks for the new discovery!

7. Rachel says:

OooOo! I love fishes :) Lokta fishes paper is my fav

8. Jess says:

Reminds me of my favorite book – Swimmy. Love love Love that blue & white scarf. So cute!

9. danielle says:

oh those crystal earrings! is the fish perhaps the new bird? (put a fish on it!) ;)

10. Lizet says:

Cool! Inspiration for my pots.

11. Jill says:

My grandparents’ last name is Fish, so I have to confess that on far too many occasions over the years, I find myself falling back on buying them things with Fish motifs. Some of these are so fun I see I will have to continue the trend.

12. Steph says:

I was wondering why there was a sudden influx of orders for the fish shawl at work. This explains things!

13. Katie says:

So, this is where my fish are hanging out! Nice school of fish.