weekly wrap up + ping zhu

I’ve been spending a lot of time looking at illustrators’ websites lately and I couldn’t think of a better way to end this week than with a quick look at one of my favorites: Ping Zhu. Ping’s work spans a wide variety of themes, but what I respond to mot strongly is her way with animals. Ping manages to capture that feeling of both playful and wild that all animals have and puts it down on paper in a way I wish I could.

If you’re not familiar with Ping’s work, click here to view her full portfolio online. Her fauna collection in particular makes me long for the days when I spent more time volunteering with animal shelters.

I’m off for the weekend, but I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I’ll see you back here on Monday. xo, grace

Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:

1. david says:

Really cool illustration. Love the octopus!

2. ssk says:

I have looked for a way to purchase some of these Ping Zhu prints but to no avail. Does Ping sell prints? IF yes, where???

3. Marnea says:

I have that fox print! It’s a weird size though, so I haven’t framed it yet, and it’s not quite big enough to give the binder/bulldog clip treatment. I’ll probably just get a custom mat done one of these days, but so far it’s sitting along with all of my other unframed prints!

4. ssk says:

But where did you buy the print???

5. I love the illustrations..beautiful..thanks for sharing the link, Grace..have a lovely weekend! xx meenal

6. Shannon says:

I am in love with these illustrations! Adding them to my list of wants. :)

7. ping says:

thanks for this lovely post grace!

ssk – please send me an email, i’d be happy to make some prints for you!

Marnea – sorry it’s an awkward size!! I will keep it in mind for future prints!

8. A very 21st century Charlie Harper. I’m wondering if Ping Zhou sees the similarities. Fabulous!

9. Katie says:

Thanks for sharing. I’m quite charmed by the seals. My absolute favourite animal illustrations as of late can be found here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/unitedthread

The chickens look so noble!

10. Belly B says:

I love these illustrations! So vibrant and real at the same time

11. Beeekeeper says:

How cute! These illustrations are really fun. I especially like the tigers high fiving

12. laguna dirt says:

what a unique style!

13. The before and afters from this week were awesome. As were the sneak peeks. Beautiful!

14. anne says:

this is so cute!

15. Maria Black says:

I love the fox, he is my favorite. These make me think of a child’s room, or a child’s story book. Thanks for sharing!

16. Diana says:

I stumbled upon your blog today and absolutely cannot get enough of your “Before and After” posts, and DIY’s!!

:) Diana