I’ve been spending a lot of time looking at illustrators’ websites lately and I couldn’t think of a better way to end this week than with a quick look at one of my favorites: Ping Zhu. Ping’s work spans a wide variety of themes, but what I respond to mot strongly is her way with animals. Ping manages to capture that feeling of both playful and wild that all animals have and puts it down on paper in a way I wish I could.
If you’re not familiar with Ping’s work, click here to view her full portfolio online. Her fauna collection in particular makes me long for the days when I spent more time volunteering with animal shelters.
I’m off for the weekend, but I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I’ll see you back here on Monday. xo, grace
Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:
- Must-Read Posts: Furry Office Companions: D*S Team Pets, Attention: Calling All Upholstery Experts!
- New City Guide: Edinburgh City Guide
- Biz Ladies: Big Brand Strategy, Small Brand Savvy
- Living In: Singin’ in he Rain
- Sneak Peeks: Sarah Shreves, Alli Michelle of Hooray Design, Caitlin & Samuel of Popham Design
- The Sound of Your Morning: 5 Songs to Start the Day
- DIY Projects: Lia’s Custom Lampshades, Matt’s Woven Leather Stool, Starched Fabric Headboard
- Before & Afters: Striped Coffee Table + Drawer Console, Living Room Reno + A Bright Dining Room, Personalized Chairs + Painted Rug, Floor Redesign + A Light Filled Bedroom
- Treasure Hunting: Chairs
- We Like It Wild: San Francisco Flower & Garden Show
- Small Measures: Eco-friendly Ocean & Waterway Tips
- Simply Color: Rebekah Sigfrids
- In the Kitchen With: Rigetta Klint’s Beetroot Pesto
- Artwork: Karolin Schnoor Floral Prints
- Misc.: Making a New House Feel Like Home, Beg Bicycles, Tic-Tac-Toe Stamp Set, Coralie Bickford-Smith Great Food Covers, The Stylist’s Guide to NYC, Auggie