sarah foote pillows

After a meeting in the city yesterday, I couldn’t resist the gravitational pull to check out the newly renovated JCrew store on 5th avenue. And while I found myself drawn to all the sparkliest bits in the store (my shopping companion almost bought the black sequined harem pants. She was braver than I.), I ended up bringing home a few basics that looked slightly boring on the hanger, but seemed to fit seamlessly into my wardrobe to make a handful of easy outfits. I’m trying to remind myself that simple things are better so much of the time — they’re flexible, versatile and you never have to worry about finding something to match them. It was this same “simple can be better” philosophy that drew me to these new pillows from designer Sarah Foote. I loved her intricate wood lighting two years ago, and now she’s back with a beautiful collection of hand-sewn pillows with simple shapes and patterns.

I really love the quilted shapes pillow, but there are several styles to choose from. Sarah also introduced a new lamp that is both simple and sophisticated. If you’re looking to add a few new accessories to your home, click here to check out Sarah’s newest additions. xo, grace

*P.S.: If you’re at the new JCrew, check out the gorgeous lights over the registers. They’re stunning.

*P.P.S.: I have another day of meetings, so I’m going to wrap up an hour early (at 12pm). But we’ll have a full day of content tomorrow including a ton of really great entertaining ideas for the spring.

1. Love the striped pillows! The colors are lovely.

2. Julie says:

ohhhh I love everything!! Thanks for sharing.

3. You have that gravitational pull problem with J.Crew too?! I thought it was just me. Alas, I can only afford the J.Crew Factory Store now, but I totally agree that “simple is better.”

4. Katy says:

I LOVE that clean and crisp work space! I wanna work there!!!!

(as I’m looking at my piles and piles of paper on my desk right now, ugh)

5. Wow, her Etsy items are all amazing! Inspiring!!

6. Rachel says:

LOVE her style and the colors! Very calming…

7. Awesome find. Love the pillows – so pretty ;)

8. Holiday says:

I just installed a Sarah Foote lamp and I have to say, soooo worth the splurge!

9. Kate says:

Beautiful pillows, and I am totally smitten with the headboard in the middle photo! Any idea where it is from? I’ve been on the search for the perfect bed forever and that seems like the one!

10. Kate Sears says:

The bed is from Sarah Foote is definitely a designer to watch! I have one of her beautiful lamps- it’s functional fine art and worth every penny. Can’t wait to see what she comes up with next…

11. Kia Sunda says:

These are lovely cushions, the colour are bright but not too bold against the background. I love the patterns too!

12. Dove says:

oooh, these pillows are so lovely!

13. Claire says:

Oh how I love that light! And that radio next perched on the text is amazing x

14. Those are beautiful pillows, it work really well with the room and the bed. You have an awesome room. Keep posting for more great ideas.