make it yours: enormous champion’s brooklyn home

[Today we’re putting some of our site-wide audit notes into effect and changing “Simply Color” to “Make it Yours”. This column was originally about finding paint colors to help recreate rooms from past home tours, but we quickly expanded the scope to cover not just paint, but products and home decor to fully get the look from top to bottom. So today we’re launching the new name and an expanded version of the column. Now Lauren will help us recreate the look of two rooms, rather than one. The second room and roundup are after the jump. xo, grace]

This gorgeous Brooklyn home belongs to Jordan Provost (photographer and letterpress printer) and Jason Wong (graphic designer) of Enormous Champion. I’m in love with their wall color choices, particularly in the dining area and kitchen.

Palette 1 (Dining Room)
A. Empire Yellow (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 115; B. Iron Mountain (Benjamin Moore), PMS 417; C. Pale Cornelian (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 7416; D. Sea Life (Behr), PMS 7472; E. Oakbuff (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 722

Roundup 1 (Dining Room)
1. Squirrelly Love, $30; 2. Gray with White Stripe Tray, $28; 3. Mud Carafes, $76; 4. Dining Chair, $675+; 5. Margaret Kilgallen Print, prices vary

CLICK HERE for the second half of the roundup after the jump

Jordan and Jason’s mid-century modern furniture tastefully complements the color palettes found in their home. Each room is practical, inviting and filled with endless inspiration! Click here to view the original sneak peek. — Lauren

Palette 2 (Kitchen)
A. Red Tomato (Sherwin-Williams), PMS 7417; B. Leek (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 565; C. Chatroom (Sherwin-Williams), PMS Warm Gray 2; D. Pitch Black (Farrow & Ball), PMS Black 6; E. Sweet Caroline (Benjamin Moore), PMS 7492

Roundup 2 (Kitchen)
1. Suspension Coathanger, $8; 2. Pure & Good Hand Duo, $34; 3. Vintage Red Metal Tray, $12; 4. Cutting Board, $37; 5. Hand Mixer, $10; 6. KitchenAid Stand Mixer, $400

1. beautiful! I actually love white walls but that grey wall looks great. love the Squirrelly Love…

2. I have that exact dinning room table and chairs but I have a beautiful hutch instead, love the danish modern.

3. katsola says:

I love the palettes, they are so fresh and bright for spring. So fitting to feature Margaret Kilgallen’s work, Juxtapoz Magazine’s April “Street Art” issue has a feature of her work and the newsstand version has her work on the cover.

4. annawithlove says:

I adore both wall colors!

5. meagan says:

ohhh both rooms are way awesome!
    row house nest

6. I love “Squirrelly Love” – so so cute! The room colors are really lovely too!

7. Isabel says:

what a great feature! i love both rooms! thanks for the inspiration! I love the old-school hand mixture. Great find!

8. love the contrast with white chair-rail and a dark room. amazing….

9. Rachael says:

Love the high contrast of the dining room. And the display of utensils on the wall in the kitchen.

10. Angela says:

I painted my lounge room in BM’s Iron Mountain a couple of years ago- love it! It is SUCH a great colour- changes beautifully with the light and has so much depth. It looks both modern/graphic and more classic, especially when used ith white as a contrast.

11. J says:

Does anyone know where the chairs around the dining table in the Enormous Champion shot came from? I have a set just like them and I’d love to know the origin.

12. Annie C. says:

i love Margaret Kilgallen’s art. it is a shame she is no longer with us. RIP.

13. Jennifer Parham says:

I grew up with the same exact table and chairs except the chairs were covered in black vinyl. The table expand to a nice long length. Aaahhh! Memories!

14. KA says:

Love the “Stripes by Paul Smith” fabric on the dining room chairs and the “Circles by Charles & Ray Eames” fabric on the chair at the bottom right corner…both beautiful Maharam fabrics

15. I also have the dining room table! Best design ever. Great place.

16. Suzi S says:

Do you know where the lamp shade (paper lantern) was purchased over the dining room table? Been looking all over for one like that!

17. Jason says:

We love the table and the fact that it can extend when needed.

The dining room set was bought at a Danish modern furniture store in my hometown of Alameda. My parents gave us the set (table and 8 chairs) which we drove back from CA a few years ago. Jordan’s parents coincidentally bought the same set in NJ the same year as my parents did (1972) when Danish modern was all the rage.

The chair seats were originally covered in black vinyl which started to get a bit rough around the edges so we had them all reupholster with the Paul Smith fabric.

The lamp is designed by George Nelson and can be found at DWR as well as other home design shops.

18. Melissa Fisher says:

anyone know where to get kilgallen prints? (can’t afford the proofs pricing linked to this entry)

19. Christine says:

Wow! Love the kitchen colors. I’ve been wanting similar colors in my kitchen, but wasn’t sure how to pull it off. Is ‘Sweet Caroline’ the wall color?

20. Charry Salmon says:

Beautiful dining room (Jordan Provost and Jason Wong) . .. can you tell me what color the white paint is and who makes it?