chop chop

This weekend AC and I stopped by our new apartment to pick up our keys and poke around again one more time before our move tomorrow. When I walked in I was immediately drawn to the kitchen, where I have a feeling I’ll be spending a lot of time. Not because I’m an amazing cook (though I try my best), but because we’ll actually have counter space now. Our current kitchen has literally a one-by-one feet stretch of counter that is useable and our new apartment has about ten times that much space. So I’m pretty excited. I’ve been eyeing a set of gorgeous vintage cutting boards at a local Greenpoint shop for a few weeks now, but these cute new black and blue cutting boards from Fine Little Day in Sweden are pretty cute, too. Made from moisture-resistant HDF (high-density fibreboard), each board has a beautiful geometric pattern and is available for $33 right here. If you’ve got some counter space and need to do some chopping, head on over to the FLD site to see what’s new and pick up a board or two. xo, grace

1. kim says:

Cute! I had one foot counter space in my old apartment too, and cooking is just so much simpler now! Enjoy!

2. These are gorgeous( hardly a term one would use for a chopping board)…I would’nt mind leaving them out on the counter…would go very well with the blue pottery from Goa in my kitchen!! lovely find, Grace!! xx meenal

3. I love these! They add some extra fun to cooking!

4. Michelle says:

I love those chopping boards.

5. Hannah says:

Good luck with the move! x

6. oh my gosh, these are great….finally a patterned cutting board!

7. Ooo, these are so much more attractive than the boring, plain plastic ones I have. Love the patterns. And I’m jealous of your counter space!

8. Laura says:

I posted about Fine Little Day earlier today!! I wrote the post last night and am so excited to see the shop getting attention on D*S!

9. Gabrielle says:

These are perfect! I can’t get enough of that pattern.

10. Elisabeth says:

Thank you dear Grace for posting!
    And thank you for nice comments about the boards ladies :)

11. Scott B says:

The white in that design would probably look great in most lighter colored kitchens. Plus you get a fashionable cutting board.