50s wallpaper by sanderson

I’m not normally a big 50s person, but every now and then something inspired by that era will catch my eye and make me want to embrace a look that’s a little bit retro. Sanderson has always produced some of the most beautiful wallpaper designs on the market, but they recently introduced a new collection of 50s-inspired wallpaper that I thought would be fun to share here. I always imagine retro wallpaper working well in a kitchen for some reason, but I think these patterns would be great for a kid’s room, too. Sanderson’s 50s collection has nine styles to choose from, ranging from playful fruit and floral prints to patterns that look like 50s-era mobiles. Click here to check out the full collection online and pick up a roll or two. xo, grace (Thanks to Christocripp for the tip!)

*If you’re looking for more wallpaper patterns, click here to check out my Top 50 Wallpaper Resources.

CLICK HERE for more new wallpaper designs from Sanderson after the jump!

1. Lustre says:

too gorgeous!!
    its a pity that I’ll be in the US for just a year… Maybe I can take some back home with me?

2. Rhonda C says:

I love these wallpapers!!!

3. The one with the fig pattern is so cute…you are right some of these might work better in a kid’s room. xx meenal

4. Cathy Linard says:

Most of these wallpaper designs hurt my eyes. I guess my design aesthetic just isn’t hip enough to go this retro. ;)

5. These wallpapers are very intriguing. I do like the one with the dining area but I agree that some of them would be adorable in a kids room!

6. Dorthe says:

LOVELY..lovely wallpaper….

7. Syruptitious says:

Love it. It’s already out of date so it will never go out of style. (?!)

8. Eve says:

Love love love ! thanks for the links :)

9. Mina Brinkey says:

Wow! How adorable! Would make great nursery wallpaper! : ) Thanks for sharing!

10. Amanda says:

Love it! I don’t really care so much for a 50’s aesthetic either, but these pictures are absolutely inspired.

11. Yay – love this so much! I want some for my place!

12. Oh my goodness I am TOTALLY drooling over that wallpaper over here. I’m a huge retro fan, sporting the look and all… I must get some of this paper! Thanks for sharing!

13. knack says:

these are so fun! woo hoo!

14. Kiti says:

these wallpapers reminds my grandfather’s photos when they were young…very stylish then and now!;)

15. i am SPEECHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Luka says:

It’s weird that you think you don’t like ’50s designs. I see loads of mid-century pieces and inspiration on this blog. Maybe you just don’t realize how subtly it’s been woven into everything.

17. Ana Maria says:

love how all of the colors in the first photo (desk w/ lamp) work together. fun!

18. Emily says:

love these! especially the dandelion-ish one.
    a little bit off topic – can anyone tell me more about the yellow desk lamp in the first image? i’ve been prowling for the perfect lamp and i think that’s the one…

19. Lauren says:

I think I’m in love with this wall paper! And the yellow lamp in the first image. Awesome sauce!

20. Clotilde M. says:

Rich textures and colors!

21. Sara L. says:

I am also going to chime in to find out more about that lamp. Anyone know? Vintage, reproduction? Anything?

The wallpapers are all kinds of awesome, of course.

22. Hazel Stone says:

Just fantastic!

23. janellephoto says:

i recently put up the sanderson dandelion clocks and i am looking for something to roll onto it for protection and sealing from stains and wear…any suggestions? i havent found a thing on the internet.

1. grace says:

hi janelle

do you mean to protect the wallpaper? if the paper isn’t treated i guess you could paint over it with a sealant but that might make it very, very hard to take off.

24. Sara C. says:

The first picture is so me! The color scheme, the lamp, the typewriter! I want to live in that picture!

26. loving the wallpaper … so fun and vibrant and warm. The prints are great and a really nice change.

27. isavirtue says:

i loooooove wallpaper and whole these designs wouldn’t be my first choice because they are so bright and busy, I think in a really simple room they could be cool!

28. Gróa says:

That wonderful lamp is haunting me! I need it in my life, do you have any idea where it is from? I´m dying for it!

29. lesley says:

i just had one section of my hallway papered with the Dandelion Clocks pattern (different colorway than what you’ve shown) and i LOVVVVE ITTTTTTT. seriously so so good!

30. Judith says:

Is there anyone older out there who remembers these first time round? As a child I had bedroom wallpaper with a white background with red and black geometrical designs and would love to see a picture of it again.