I love customizing globes and maps as a way to remember special trips and places in your life. And while it’s definitely fun to use pins and markers to keep track of those locations, it’s equally fun to embrace a blank slate by using a chalkboard-covered globe that you can customize again and again. Halligan taught us how to make our own in September, but Gosia at Blue Bell Bazaar is selling some gorgeous pre-made versions if you’re looking for something you can work with right away. I love the faded, vintage feel these have and would love to see them customized in a child’s room with their first big trips, or even decorated with patterns that change as you turn the globe. Either way, these open up a world (no pun intended) of decorative possibilities, so click here if you’d like to check them out online ($38-$98 each).
I’m off to clean and tag everything in our house for the yard sale tomorrow*, so I hope you all have a wonderful, wonderful weekend and I’ll see you back here on Monday! xo, grace
*If you’re attending the yard sale, please keep an eye on our Twitter and Facebook feed for updates. I think a lot of things are going to go quickly so I don’t want anyone to trek all the way over later in the day if we’re wiped out or key pieces are gone. I’ll update as much as possible on both feeds.
Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:
- Must-Read Posts of the Week: Top 5 Apps for Design Lovers, A Fresh Start: Our (first) Porch!, In My Library
- New City Guide: D*S City Guide Updates!
- Biz Ladies: Photo Usage
- Living In: The Last Days of Disco
- Sneak Peeks: Tad & Jessica Carpenter, Sarah Albrecht of Little Rock Boutique, Ben & Makoto of Scout Regalia
- DIY Projects: Scandinavian-inspired Wooden Heart
- Before & Afters: Katie and Laura’s Chair + Sara’s Office, Alexandra’s Highland Park Craftsman
- Best Of: Maps
- Simply Color: Helen Palmer
- In the Kitchen With: Rachel Manley’s Almond+Yogurt Cake
- We Like It Wild: Inspired by- Earthy Spring (Floral arrangement how-to)
- Small Measures with Ashley: Orange & Vanilla Marmalade
- Artwork: Gabriel Dawe Thread Installations, Janine Rewell, New at the Wayne Pate Shop
- Misc.: Hot or Not: Blinded by stripes?, Wolfum Textiles, Bend Seating: Lucy, Ethel and Farmhouse, Brrr: Winter Bedding for Falling Temps, Abigail Edwards Owl Wallpaper, Alpha Workshops for Thibaut, Gigi Gallery cards