sneak peek: jennifer mcgarigle

by

Floral Art creator and designer Jennifer McGarigle lives in a 1920s Spanish-style bungalow in LA. In the course of the six years she’s lived there, most of the rooms have been renovated. While her Floral Art work aesthetic tends to be polished with clean lines, she likes her home a bit more eclectic with a blend of old and new pieces that combine texture and sleek lines. One of Jennifer’s goals for 2011 is to spend time on things that really inspire her, including further developing her Floral Art Home Collection, which will include working from home a few days a week. So having a soothing and relaxing environment at home is more important than ever (click here for additional images). Thanks to Jennifer, Alex for helping coordinate and Scott and Chris of Smith Nelson Photography for the shots! — Anne

Image above: The green dinning table was made for the room. The light fixture is from Shine. The wallpaper is from the Maya Romanoff collection. The buffet is Floral Art and features sepia peony images on it. The panels on this piece are adjustable, as well. The painting by Lynda Pizzuto. The flower wall art is Floral Art.

Image above: The living room is an eclectic mix of pieces that are mostly blues and greens. A few pieces are from my favorite store in Santa Monica, Weego Home. The Cherner chairs were one of my first purchases for the room, and the loud leaf-patterned sofa was re-upholstered.

Image above: Because it’s a small house, the front deck was made to add a feeling of spaciousness to the living room, not to mention more entertaining room. The pillows are from West Elm.

CLICK HERE for the rest of Jennifer’s sneak peek after the jump!

Image above: This is a converted garage, and my favorite room in the house. It’s large compared to the other, smaller Spanish bungalow rooms. The chairs are vintage French from the 60s.

Image above: The back deck is where most entertaining takes place in the summer. I often move a long rectangular table under the Cecil Brunner rose arbor for these summer dinners. The chimney provides lots of warmth and adds coziness to these nights.

1. anne says:

Loooove the mixture of green and natural wood! fantastic!

PS. I now look forward to Mondays because of sneak peeks. ;D Thanks, D*S!

2. RM says:

By the way, Lynda Pizzuto (painting in dinning room) will be having an opening at Floral Art on March 24th

3. LM says:

Gorgeous! Was that rosemary in those pots? I can imagine it would smell divine! love the french 60’s chairs!

4. Kharina says:

LURVE!!!!! The greens and browns, that is what I am trying to do to my living room. I want ever single piece of furniture. Scrap that, I want the house.

5. Fara says:

I really love your house. very unique in a feminine eclectic way. Love the patterns/colour combnations – I’m a fan of pattern.

6. What a happy cheerful and airy looking place! Love the colors chosen.

7. Michele says:

I love how green and open this space is. The outdoor space is beautiful :)

8. Lynn says:

The room looked nice and we have such a mess here(need new floor after water leak…
    Can just planks of wood be used or is special flooring wood needed ?
    Lynn D

9. JJC says:

Can you tell us about the large blue print/artwork in the living room? What is it? Who did it? Thanks!

10. Amy says:

Absolutely LOVE this! So fresh and bright. It’s eclectivity (is that a word?) is so spot on. I could move right in. Thanks.

11. Sue says:

I love the green dinning table. I have been thinking of redoing my table and I may just have found what I want now. Beautiful, thanks.

12. Great accessories for the outdoor space! Also love the shaded seating area

13. Bob Fryer / Pop! Ink Design Studio says:

Many pieces I’m in LOVE with…stunning work Jennifer!