simply color: jen altman

Jen Altman’s home is such a lovely mix of traditional and contemporary. A chandelier over an antique dining-room table that is surrounded by Emeco and Kartell Ghost chairs is something I would never think of, but wow, it really works! The photography around her house is breathtaking, and even these photos of Jen’s home are stunning and full of warmth and light. Be sure to check out the rest of her house in the original sneak peek. — Lauren

A. Meadow Wind (Valspar), PMS 7486; B. Midnight Sky (Behr), PMS 2768; C. Morning Breeze (Behr), PMS 2707; D. Almond Willow (Behr), PMS 691; E. Baked Bahama (Valspar), PMS 703

1. Jen Altman Photographs, prices vary; 2. Sailor Stripe Pillow, $56; 3. Celine Grand Chandelier, $2,349; 4. Tan-Tan Rug, $998; 5. Emeco Navy Chair, $440; 6. Kartell Louis Ghost Chair by Philippe Starck, $410; 7. Frame, $25

*PS: A big congratulations to Lauren on her new column for Lucky magazine! You can check it out in the February issue, on stands now (with Heidi Klum on the cover). xo, grace

1. annawithlove says:

beautiful, I love the energy of the first two photos, and the frames and photos are perfect.

2. I’ve always loved those Starck chairs…

3. A less expensive option for the Emeco Navy chair is the Crate&Barrel Delta chair. I almost bought one for my office/art room.

4. Anni says:

Gorgeous. I love it all, but that pillow is especially fun and modern.

5. katie says:

LOVE this!

6. MelD says:

Déjà vu. Wish I could send you the picture of my screen with the first photograph in the foreground and what I see just past my screen in the background – the left hand end of my table with a Starck chair, long curtains, simply framed pictures, clean-lined dining chairs… a weird feeling, as if I were seeing almost double but not quite! Straaaange feeling :O

7. MelD says:

Oh, and the hardwood floors and the chandelier, of course…

8. Katie says:

I especially like the black (?) chair in the second photo. Does anyone know it?

9. Phillylass says:

Ooh, I actually have this house tour bookmarked. Love everything about it!