paul price: signs of affection

Here’s a quick bit of afternoon eye candy: colorful “Signs of Affection” from graphic designer Paul Price. Wandering by one of these on a cold afternoon sure would be a cheerful surprise. I’m hoping Paul’s work somehow makes it over to the gray Brooklyn streets in my area, so I can stumble upon “Your Hair Looks Dashing.” That would totally make any bad day feel like it was taking a turn for the better. Click here to check out more of Paul’s work online. xo, grace

1. Love these signs, they’ve already made my day!

-Chic Done Cheap

2. Nuha says:

how cute!! That would definitely put a smile on my face everyday :)

3. Very Stanley Marsh! Have you seen his road signs in Amarillo, TX?

4. Rebecca Wilson says:

Those are great! We need some in the Cincinnati area!

5. Love these signs! A great example of how graphic design can be both socially and spiritually uplifting.

6. Bethany says:

I think every neighborhood needs to know their hair looks dashing! I’d also love to have these hanging around my office. Clicking here!

7. Fine Life says:

Every town should be required to post these. I smiled just reading them. Coming upon one in the street would be good for the soul!

8. Jessica says:

I also love this work, however I’ve never seen them up in the Bronx. They need then there.

9. Those are awesome. Me likey.

10. La Tendedera says:

in old school (skool?) fashion, that’s what I’m talking ’bout.

11. Paul Price says:

Thank you so much for your lovely responses, makes it so worth it :)

12. These are fun and remind me so much of Stephen Power’s stuff. Have you seen his loveletter to Philadelphia? Seriously, amazing:

13. Julie says:

Love these! Finding one of these would surely brighten my day.

14. db says:

oh i adore these. would definitely help in brightening up my day! checked out his site – i love his work. very talented.

15. lizzie says:

i love this work…”future, I used to love you” is my favorite, by far…those are awesome..

16. Laura H says:

Vermont needs these! Especially in the midst of winter….

17. carolyn says:

these are SO fun – i love the ones on his site as well, especially “don’t worry, everything is going to be amazing”. great find!!

18. Sally says:

Love this!!

Will ahve to share this!

19. Shema John says:

Cant express how much in love I am with these signs. Brings in joy and a smile to the lonesome urbaner…..the spirit and the the art work is so worthy and wonderful and inspiring enough to soften the hardest.

20. Those truly are so lovely. Paul’s “signs of affection” is such a thoughtful project.

21. Keegan says:

Yeah this is almost exactly Steve Powers(Espo) Philadelphia love letters mural projects. Same idea, same retro fonts.

22. Paul Price says:

Sadly not the same idea or typography at all. I discovered his work after beginning this project.