It should come as no surprise that Simone LeBlanc is the mastermind behind this unexpected valentine — a handwritten love letter that, given the right love and care, can literally grow wild. Simone’s creativity knows no limits, which is one of the reasons why her styling and gifting services are so highly sought after. Thank you for sharing this inventive, lovely project with us, Simone! — Kate
Hi everyone, it’s Simone here with a simple Valentine’s gift idea that comes effortlessly from the heart. In this era of abbreviated text romance (i luv u!!), we all know that a handwritten love letter speaks volumes. From Voltaire and Victor Hugo to Edith Wharton and Zelda Fitzgerald, these greats understood the seductive power of the love letter.
Let’s build on their romantic tradition and put pen to paper — plantable wildflower paper, no less — to make a love letter that really lasts. Send your sweetheart the words that will make them swoon, and then plant them together and watch your words grow into wildflowers. This simple ritual will not be forgotten. Be still my beating heart! — Simone
CLICK HERE for the full how-to after the jump!
- organic wildflower seeded paper (you can find versions of this here and here)
- pen or ink of your choice
1. Get you hands on some seed paper — ask your local stationery shop or just browse online; you will be surprised at how many options there are. (Make sure you get the wildflower ones — there are versions with coconut and other natural fibers, but you want the ones that will seed quickly.)
2. Write something personal — a letter, a memory, a secret or even draw a picture just for your special sweetie. You can add a little note inside to let them know that you will plant it together.
3. Put it in the envelope, address and stamp it and send it on its way!
4. When it arrives, your love is sure to be surprised . . .
5. All you two have to do next is pick a spot — your garden, a pot or a favorite spot outdoors. Cover the letter with about an inch of soil, and then water and wait for love to bloom!