abigail edwards owl wallpaper

These days, I have a really hard time looking at anything avian-related and not thinking of Carrie Brownstein and Fred Armisen saying, “Put a bird on it!” Because yep, I’m one of those people who doesn’t mind a bird (or rabbit or whale) printed on something every now and then. So when I saw this new line of wallpapers with owls, I had to fight that inner urge that said “Birds! Shiny!” Yes, I realize I need to quiet that urge a bit.

Part of the debut series of wallpaper designs from Abigail Edwards, “The Owl Collection” just launched this month and consists of two patterns, “Owls of the British Isles” and “Briar Owl.” Abigail was inspired by childhood woodland and fairy tales and decided to bring that feeling to life with her hand-drawn wallpapers. Each of Abigail’s patterns is printed in Lancashire at one of the few remaining traditional wallpaper printers in the UK. And the best part? Five percent of the profits from the “Owls of the British Isles” style will go to supporting The Barn Owl Centre, whose mission is the conservation of barn and other species of owls.

I’m a big fan of the metallic gold print at the very top of the post and think it would make for the most peaceful, woodland-themed nursery. Or just a gorgeous adult bedroom. Either way, I don’t think I’ve met a shiny gold wallpaper I didn’t want to use in some capacity (which is why I finagled my way into using shiny gold-foil stamp on the cover of the D*S book!). Click here to check out Abigail’s new designs and order online. Thirty-two-foot rolls are priced at $110 each. xo, grace

1. Maria says:

Beautiful wallpapers, I prefer the bottom one :)

2. Allie Peach says:

LOVE that!!!
    I’ve always been interested in designing wall paper, but have no clue about having it made. Hmmmm

3. Dora B. says:

Love the shiny! I’m on a metallic kick at the moment, from shoes to nail polish to eyeshadow. If only I could put up wallpaper in my rental….le sigh.

4. Natts says:

Wow what amazing wallpaper! I am so in love with the last one it’s lush!

5. Trish says:

“Put a Bird on it”! Loving Portlandia & these gorgeous walls!

6. Thuy says:

Wow…love it. The green and gold is perfect for my entryway. HMM. Thanks for posting this!

7. Dianne says:

These wall papers are beautiful! The metallic mixed with the subtle green/blue is wonderful. Awesome post.

8. Oh my god this is exactly the type of thing Im looking for to decorate one wall in our living room. Thanks its a great find! x

9. kaitlyn says:

yes, the no wallpaper in the rental thing is quite a sad issue, as mentioned by another commenter. these papers are lovely and i will add them to my mental wallpaper obsessed brain collection.

10. Laguna Dirt says:

funny post! it takes courage to promote something that is in the midst of being satirized! these groovy owls can hold their own!

11. Meagan says:

Oh my – this is stunning wallpaper!

12. Maria Pecoraro says:

The wallpaper is lovely. But I’m more interested in the wood carved deer. I have one exactly like it that I inherited from my parents, who know nothing about it. I’m curious to know anything of it’s origins. There are no markings on mine to help my search.

13. Hollie says:

How gorgeous! I adore the last one!

14. Roxanne says:

NO need to quite an urge for something so beautiful! This is simply stunning.

15. Laurel says:

Um… as cool as that is – FORGET THE WALLPAPER… WHERE DID THEY GET THAT CHAIR??? I have one similar that I found on a curb, but it’s peely and gross. Someone please tell me where you can buy chairs like that!

16. I love the blue and gold color combination!!!

17. Christina says:

A friend of mine just posted the last photo on Facebook and I fell in love! I’ve been really into wallpaper on an accent wall, and let’s be honest, who doesn’t want a bunch of owls all over their walls?!

Thanks for sharing :)

Christinaxo

18. Eve says:

I am completely in love with this website. I like the gold print the best, what a great idea!

Thanks for posting this!

19. Abigail says:

Thanks so much for posting my wallpaper on your lovely blog!

20. Just beautiful, the combination of the gold an the detailed hand drawing is unusual but really works.

Lovely stuff.

21. Anne says:

I saw this last night on Pinterest and had to repin it!! I’m trying to decide where I can hang it in my house!!

22. Lindsay says:

“Put a bird on it!” is plaguing all of my bird-related purchases as well. It kills me. I can’t help it, I love birds on things.

23. Bren says:

you have just caused a mjor fluttery heart over here! I have a serious and borderline OCD (but classy and tasteful) owl collection—(in fact, I might pitch it being featured here!) — this makesme a very happy consumer. will be browsing to purchase. Thanks for this. I’m so in love right now!

24. Hi Abilgail.

WOW I think is the word, these are amazing wallpaper designs, you must be very pleased with them all.

I also echo the above comments, congratulations!

Many thanks for the support given to our charity & the work we do to support Owls.

Vince