The week has finally come to a close, and I feel like I’m making some progress on my resolutions/life list so far. Today I’m heading out early to find a used mandolin that I can use for my new lessons! Learning to play a new instrument was one of my favorite resolutions, so I decided to jump on it right away. Hopefully I can learn to play like this . . . one day. Before I head out, I wanted to wrap things up with this beautiful wallpaper from graduate student Kirath Ghundoo. I love being able to share student work, and Kirath’s final collection (above and below) for her master’s in textiles is just fantastic.
I love the bold, varied pattern and can definitely see the color palette connection between this design and its inspiration, Paul Smith’s Spring/Summer 2011 Ready-To-Wear collection. These wallpapers aren’t available for sale yet, but they’ll be on display starting January 15th at Huddersfield University. So if you’re in the UK this month, be sure to check out these papers in person. For the rest of us across the pond, I’ll keep you up to date if the collection hits stores or an online shop. In the meantime, you can check out more of Kirath’s work right here.
I’m off to see what sort of used instruments Brooklyn has to offer, so until Monday, have a wonderful weekend! See you on Monday. Happy 2011! xo, grace
Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:
- Happy New Year!: 2011: Resolutions and Life List Goals
- Sights & Sounds: The Music and Artwork of Superchunk!
- New City Guide: Cincinnati
- Biz Ladies: How to Sell Your Products on Your Blog
- Living In: An Education
- Sneak Peeks: Reiko Kaneko, Sam Horine, Lara Collins
- DIY Projects: Flower Frog Wall Art, Vintage Dice Cup Vase Trio
- What’s in Your Toolbox: Ashley Meaders
- Before & Afters: Sarah’s Side Tables + Sara’s Pendant Lamp, Amy’s Drawers + Natalie’s Mail Sorter, Cat’s Kitchen + Jodi’s Mudroom
- Before & After Basics: Spray Paint
- Simply Color: Bladon Connor
- In the Kitchen With: Tess Darrow’s Dutch Baby Recipe
- Flowers A-Z: E is for Echeveria, Eryngium and Eustoma
- Small Measures with Ashley: DIY Winter Hair Care
- Artwork: Happy 2011 + Pretty Prints from the UK, Tahiti Pehrson, Marco Suarez Landscape Photography
- Misc.: Waterdrop Workshop, Modular Plant System, Morning Wow: Moravian Star Cut-Out, Neutra Typographic Wall Calendar, Floris Wubben Bench No. 3, Clive Coffee Drip Stand, New Year, New Calendars + Cards