weekly wrap up + geoffrey lilge cutting boards

Today I’m heading back home to Brooklyn. Salt Lake City and the Altitude Design Summit were such a blast, but I’m ready to get home to AC and the cats. Before I hop on the plane and check out into magazine la-la land, I wanted to share these amazing new FSC-certified maple and walnut cutting and charcuterie boards from Canadian designer Geoffrey Lilge. Geoffrey’s work is simple perfection at its best — no unnecessary details, just the pure, simple beautiful of wood. Each piece is hand-finished in Geoffrey’s studio with four coats of natural oil and beeswax and would make for a wonderful host/hostess gift or just a nice treat for those of you who love to cook. Click here to see the full collection and find a stockist near you.

I’m hopping on the plane now, so I’ll see you on Monday! Have a fantastic weekend. xo, grace

Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:

1. Ellen says:

So proud to see Alberta representing on Design Sponge!! I visit this site everyday and am constantly inspired by everything on it. Fantastic job!

That aside, if you are ever in Edmonton, Alberta, please visit the amazing restaurant Culina. The food is delicious, made from mostly local products, and have a warm, cozy feel.

Hooray Edmonton!

PS: Those wooden boards are beautiful. I’d hate to see them scratched!

2. Chela says:

Great breadboards, I love the cute little green dress too.

3. those cutting boards are beautiful! loving all of the great links…

xo,
    joAnn

4. Stephanie says:

The most beautiful thing is that Windsor chair. Any idea who made it?

5. Phillylass says:

That chair is amazing! Want, want, want it!

6. Cheryl says:

Gorgeous! I can’t believe I have never heard of this man and his wonderful work. I’m in Edmonton and thanks for featuring this. I have to visit Culina too!

7. Carol says:

The cutting board collection makes me actually want to do prep work. Imagine!

8. terri planty says:

oooh. i want one! or two! or three!

9. Tereza says:

Beautiful cutting boards.

10. Ooooh lovely shapes and wood grains.

11. Abby says:

Those cutting boards are beautiful! I wouldn’t want to use them in fear of leaving knife marks!

12. Susan says:

Safe travels & bon weekend Grace!

13. dewi-marie says:

beautiful cutting boards!!! i dont cook but it would look really nice hanging on the wall!!!

14. We love the one proped up on the chair. Great cutting board.

15. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Thanks for the tip :)

16. Michaela V says:

Wow, those cutting boards look almost too nice to cut on; I kind of just want to hang them up somewhere.

By the way, was super jazzed to watch She & Him’s new video a few days ago. Went straight here as soon as I saw Zooey herself announce it on Twitter!

17. Tashrin says:

Talk about good old Canadian charm. I’m so excited to check out his work……maybe this anniversary one of his beautiful pieces will be mine. :)

18. Those look great! Anyway I can order them to Europe?

19. Me encanta la madera!! Love wood

20. kim says:

I love the couch….!!! Where is it from?

21. Robert says:

I love the colour and grain of these boards.

Very striking!

22. andy says:

I want them all! Great colours!