simply color: karen barlow

Interior designer and props stylist Karen Barlow shares this gorgeous home with her family in Manchester, England. Each room was thoughtfully designed, and I’m completely in love with the master bedroom. The color theme revolves around the vintage satin eiderdown (which, by the way, cost £1.00!). Both classy and feminine, this space invites a cozy night’s sleep. — Lauren

A. Arizona (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 154; B. Simply Coral (Valspar), PMS 487; C. Dust of Peach (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 705; D. Winsome Hue (Valspar), PMS 2975; E. Retro-Colonial Blue (Valspar), PMS 5405

1. Mimosa Wallpaper, prices vary; 2. Madison Quilt, $139+; 3. Origami Banks, $17; 4. Sort Sol Lamp, $298; 5. Cherie Dressing Table, $698; 6. Vintage Red Samsonite Luggage Set, $85; 7. Round Pintuck Pillow, $32

1. Ah I almost bought the origami bank on my last West Elm order…now I definitely want it! :)

2. Anni says:

This is the exact color our wall is painted, and I’ve been regretting it like crazy – nice to see some inspiration! Maybe I can make it work. (Cue Tim Gunn voice here.)

3. Great colors and items, my fave is #6

4. Kit says:

Beautiful. I particularly like those earthy pinks!

5. Daniela says:

Wow, great colour scheme. This is the colour I wanted my wall to be and it turned out a little more pink than I wanted. At least I get some ideas on what colours match with what I have!

6. It’s such a sweet looking place. Seems lovely to be in the rooms there :-) So Egland!

7. I adore the soft colour palettes! They’re so feminine and soothing.

8. Marty Kilroy says:

I love this room. Are those separate curtain rods at the
    windows? If not, where did you find them?

9. Cate says:

Absolutely loving the headboard — looking for one just
    like it!! Where did you find it? Thank you! Cate

10. Love the subtle mix of colors and patterns. Those pillows on the bed add just the right amount of whimsy.

-Chic Done Cheap

11. Erin says:

girly & perfect!

12. Kristina says:

I wish I could get a quilt like that, but I don’t think they make them in the US – do they?

1. grace says:

i’ve been looking for one of those ever since i saw the peach colored quilt in amelie. sadly i’ve never been able to find one quite like it. i feel like you might have better luck with european bedding lines :(

13. Maren says:

The crazy thing is that my mother has that exact same satin eiderdown quilt, bought here in California for maybe twenty bucks at a thrift shop. No one is allowed to use it except her.

Also, if anyone wants that exact color on the wall it’s Farrow & Ball’s “Pink Ground” — I remember this tour perfectly because I was obsessed at the time with getting my room that color and sad because the paint is dang pricey.

14. carolyn says:

I just have to say that I love the simply color posts! I always feel in the mood to make something great after reading them. inspiring!

15. Teresa says:

So, sooo pretty! Beautifully soft and romantic.