winter roundup: fireplace tools + accessories

Well, if the blizzard from two weeks ago wasn’t bad enough, it looks like we’re due for another one! AC is trying to get down to Florida for work so while he navigates the nightmare that is JetBlue’s hold system, I’m focusing on all things warm and toasty. We don’t have a fireplace in our home, but I do love fireplace accessories and the idea of staying inside by a warm fire. So today I decided to round up over 40 of my favorite fireplace tools, adirons and accessories for those of you lucky enough to have fireplaces at home. Whether you’re stocking wood for the season or just looking to get the smell of a crackling fire in your home (check out Amy’s favorite woodsy candles after the jump), there’s something here for everyone. Also, in case you missed it before, Amy told us all about the history of fireplaces today- so you can learn all about how fireplaces, their tools and traditions came to be. Here’s to staying inside on snow days and roasting (or just eating) marshmallows! xo, grace

Images above: 1. Cast Iron Bear Andirons $36.99; 2. “To From” fireplace matches, pack of 3 for $9.99; 3. Malm Fireplace $1500; 4. Hearth broom $98; 5. Maple bellows $40; 6. Bebop Log Basket $354; 7. Firewood/Magazine holder $255; 8. Code baskets $250-$650; 9. Cat Andirons $50.20; 10. Teflon-coated linen wood carrier $250; 11. Electric Wood logs $49.99; 12. Marshmallow Twig Roaster $15

Image above: 1. Cast Iron Dog Boot Scraper $18.99; 2. Modern lighters $25 (great for lighting a fireplace); 3. Fireplace Popcorn popper $35; 4. Toasting Fork $13.21; 5. Fireplace candelabra $63; 6. Teflon-coated linen mitt (great for working around the fire) $130; 7. Rainbow flame crystals 2-pack $14.95 (they turn the fire’s flames into different colors!); 8. Chimo freestanding fireplace $1773; 9. Charcoal Felt Log Carrier $6.95 (limited quantities available so order soon) ; 10. Low Firepot $119.99; 11. Fuego fireplace tools $250; 12. Geometric Fireplace screen $99.99

CLICK HERE for more products after the jump!

Image above: 1. Canvas log carrier $13.7; 2. Scalloped Fatwood Caddy $49.95; 3. Sage Canvas log carrier $27.60; 4. Fireplace wood holder $39; 5. Napa Wood fireplace holder with suede sling $119.95; 6. Farmer’s Basket $79 (great for indoor wood storage); 7. Square firewood basket $79.99; 8. Fatwood box (kindling) $29.95

Image above, clockwise from top left: Owl andirons $54, 1950s Andiron at 1stdibs (price upon request), Antique Italianate Andirons $1800 at 1stdibs, Retro fireplace toolset $542, Pilgrim modern fireplace tool set $149

Image above, clockwise from top left: Bark hearth set $385, Bark hearth andirons $335, Spice tin pot soy candle $18 (Amy’s favorite woodsy smelling candle), Bark hearth firewood holder $438

Image above, clockwise from top left: Birch ceramic logs $189.95, Copper fire bucket $229, Mini river rock fire bowl $49, PopUp fireplace card $5

Image above: Fire starter kit $45

Image above: Iron scroll fireplace screen $99.99

1. Amber says:

Love the animal andirons! Wish I had a fireplace just so I could get the owl ones.

2. OOO, I just wish I had a functioning fireplace! What an amazing roundup! I’m in love with the popcorn popper and the malm fireplace! great finds!

3. Marlene says:

Living in South Florida, I certainly don’t need these, but they are great! Something for every taste.

4. Jamie says:

LOVE it! Such a timely post- my husband and I got sleek new fireplace tools for Christmas. They rock- but totally make our broken fireplace screen look worse! That JC Penny one is AMAZING! I’m going to check the dimensions, and may be ordering today!

Thanks for the fab finds Grace!

5. dominiqueb says:

uh oh too many temptations!…
    maybe i can upgrade to geometric screen but keep marshmallow roasting tools (ie branches found in the woods…) seems like a pretty good money-saving compromise !

6. Oh, fantastic! Awesome, awesome! I have been looking for a
    round up just like this, though I didn’t know it! :) Just nabbed
    that felt log carrier, thanks hun! xo Melis

7. Krista says:

This is making me wish we had a fireplace even more- love
    it! My husband does have a niffty Droid App that at least lets us
    sleep to the sounds of a crackling fire, but it’s still not quite
    the same!

8. alyson says:

haha, now I’ve got The Doors playing in my head. ;)

great collection!

9. tyler says:

The fire place is our favorite part of our house.

A fire starts with an axe. , i love mine.

10. Valerie says:

Such a cute and clever post…now I just need a fireplace and then I can get to it all. LOL. XO Valerie

11. Bailey says:

I have something similar to number 10.. the fire pit there. I like that there are many modern options.. I really like the pop up/pop out card there.

12. Lisa says:

Love the ceramic logs. We have a red version of the Malm fireplace but get this we found it in the garbage! Score!

13. Siera says:

It’s nice to see such a roundup of log carriers. I have one
    that my grandfather had since the 70’s. It sure beats scratching
    your arms and getting your clothes dirty when bring wood into the
    house. I have a wood burner to keep my basement cozy in the

14. sewdotcoe says:

I have one of those awesome fake fires with the logs and
    the light inside… I used it all the time when I couldn’t have
    xmas at home, and it really lends a little bit of life to my (sad,
    fake) fireplace. I wish it threw a little bit of heat because my
    house is COOOLD, but it warms my heart anyway. :)

15. boukates says:

I will revisit this post when I have a fire place. I should go ahead and buy the rainbow crystals and cat andirons just so I’m ready when that day comes!