mudcloth fabric

Good morning! My jet lag has me up early here in Salt Lake, so I thought I’d start the morning off with a bold, colorful pattern. This mudcloth textile is from Ananse Village, a website carrying fair-trade fabrics from Africa. A portion of Ananse’s profits helps provide medical care and educational opportunities to the African communities they work with, so imagining all the ways I could contrast this fabric with a gorgeous mid-century chair makes me even happier. Ananse carries a great collection of these traditional fabrics made with local flowers, plants and mud. If you’re looking for a bold, beautiful fabric to use for your next sewing or upholstery project, check out their collection right here. xo, grace

1. melanie says:

Loves the colors…would look great in my living room!

2. Tynesia says:

Yum! This looks delicious! Love how bold it is.

3. Ruth says:

i love this! i’m a huge fan of african fabrics (having lived in south africa for a bit). what a great website – i’m always in favor of organizations like this. thanks for the post! have fun in salt lake.

4. angie g. says:

amazing i want to teach this technique to my elementary art classes!

5. Anna says:

So excited to see this! My shipment of Ananse Fabrics was supposed to arrive tomorrow… I’ve all ready started some design projects using their company! How exciting to see their site featured here!

6. Jaimee says:

Oh, Grace, thank you so much for sharing. I love African textiles and baskets and I really am so happy to see that this goes to a worthy cause. I’m inspired and excited by this! Cheers!

7. Anjela says:

So beautiful! The texture, the colors, the boldness–stunning!
    also, a great business with a good cause!:)

8. Very striking and .. it’s really good value! Thanks for pointing it out- would love some cushions like this..