before & after: lori’s sunny bathroom makeover

Yellow is not my favorite color. It’s not even close — well that’s a lie, actually. My favorite color is green, so in fact, it’s quite close. But I rarely use yellow in my design decisions, and I never choose it over something else. When I see it used in a smart, restrained way, however — like in this bathroom makeover from designer Lori Andrews — it’s clear to me that in the right context, yellow provides pure happiness. Who doesn’t want pure happiness?

Look at this bathroom! It’s such a clean, cheery place. The combination of that bright daffodil hue with the crisp white and pale wood is making me smile like crazy. I love the Scandinavian details, like the curved plywood, the woven seat on the chair and the dominance of the pristine white. It’s just so beautiful and super fun — can I live in this bathroom? Great work, Lori! — Kate

1. monica says:

I want that cabinet!

2. Samantha says:

Where’s that sink from?

3. I LOVES THIS! That yellow is remarkable. Such a great transformation.

4. Fabulously uplifting! I often shy away from canary yellow, but the abundance of white in this bathroom help balance out the burst of colour perfectly. Great job, Lori Andrews!

*Tania @ Passport2Design

5. Justina says:

that is a really great yellow. Did they remove the bathtub all together and replace it with a shower? Interesting choice, must make the room feel a lot bigger. Very cool redo indeed.

6. Lisa says:

I”m obsessed with yellow at the moment and the yellow in this bathroom is my favourite shade of the sunny colour. the whole room is so much brighten and happier. Great job.

7. Lori Andrews says:

The wardrobe is from IKEA (Painted in glossy yellow)
    the vanity and sink are from Roca – Long Island Vanity

8. f says:

Yes, where is that great sink from?

9. Angela says:

Love love love!! Great vanity!

10. jodi says:

Lori always does an awesome job. Love the yellow; it’s so cheerful!

11. Gosh that’s amazing. I love the glow that’s coming off that yellow and reflecting on the walls. This is definitely one of my fave makeovers. Great job Lori!

12. Sing says:

That yellow is amazing.

13. AB says:

Lori Andrews is a genius! I want to paint everything yellow now.

14. Christi says:

I like slate tile, but I LOVE bright white, clean shiny looking bathrooms and that sink and yellow wardrobe are absolutely brilliant.

15. Christi says:

I like slate tile, but I love shiny bright clean bathrooms, and that sink and pop of yellow in the wardrobe is brilliant.

16. Amazing work and that yellow is great.

17. I think that shade of yellow may be the definition of happy.

18. Suzanne says:

This is great inspiration for the bathroom I need to revamp. That sink is lovely.

19. MDM says:

I love the yellow. What shade of paint is that? And is it oil or latex? Brush or roller? Thanks.

20. Lori Andrew’s did my house. Guess I will have her back for the bath!

21. Lori Andrews says:

Thanks for the sunny yellow ♥ everyone!
    more questions answered. 1. Yes we took out the bathtub altogether because it is a guest bath and it is also a laundry room (back white door holds the washing machine). We hang the clothes to dry in the wardrobe. The paint was oil based glossy paint which we rolled onto the wardrobe. Benjamin Moore bright yellow 2022-30 from the Canadian fan.

22. Sara(Mrs.B.) says:

Just right.

23. Miss Pocket says:

That sink & cabinet combo make the room! Love it!

24. wow. it’s unrecognizable. what a happy spot they have created.

25. Jeanne says:

I love absolutely everything about this! We have that same old shower door with those hideous stripes. Now I want to tear it out even more. If I only I had a bathroom this huge!

26. Leone says:

Looks great. Like the shot of yellow and WANT that sink!

27. Malori says:

I really love that cabinet. The inside of it is just as cute as the outside! I’m a big fan of yellow though so perhaps I’m a little biased :)

28. eva says:

incredible transformation.. i was fascinated with everything in the after image..great job!

29. I’m not a huge fan of yellow, but it’s terrific here! A huge change in cheerfulness–would be a fun morning wakeup.

30. Darlene says:

It’s so bright and happy. I live in WA and *need* to do something with my bathroom…’s cloudy here like 9 months of the year. Bright and happy would be awesome. Thank you for sharing. This is really inspiring.

31. nathalie says:

I love this bathroom! What a great inspiration! What type of flooring is that? Is it tiles?

32. Lori Andrews says:

nathalie, the floor is white hexagonal ceramic tile. We installed in floor heating underneath and it sure makes the lower level bathroom feel comfortable and inviting. thanks!
    also, for those asking the info about the sink and vanity again- the vanity and sink are from Roca – It is called the Long Island Vanity

33. Loll Designs says:

The yellow is fantastic. I love how it’s the only color.

34. Meg says:

Is that a floor drain? If so, then this IS the best bathroom ever.

35. Lori Andrews says:

Meg- it is. I added it for just in case scenarios :)

36. This bathroom is pretty awesome!