before & after: carey’s home redesign

I enjoyed browsing the images of this Austin, Texas, home designed by architect Carey Dodson. As I was clicking through, I realized that I really didn’t want them to end. Carey has so many great ideas here for creating a modern and effortless sense of style. There’s the abundance of warm wood and white, which is always a success in my book. But it’s the more surprising elements — the gilded mirror in the bathroom, the coral-colored sofa and the sliding chalkboard door panel — that really drew me in to this lovely space. Fantastic transformation, Carey! — Kate

CLICK HERE for more images of Carey’s home redesign after the jump!

1. Neko says:

Beautiful, beautiful home! I would love to know what type of FLOR tiles you used in the picture with the reddish couch.

2. Carey Dodson says:

Neko, I believe it was the flats and cords line of FLOR.

Thanks again for all the great feedback everyone! Feel free to follow us as we post more projects on facebook.

3. Carey Dodson says:

Neko, I believe it was the Flats and Cords line of FLOR.

Thanks again everyone for the great feedback! Feel free to follow Dodson Design: architecture+interiors on fb.

4. ModFruGal says:

Beautiful renovation…def want to see more!

5. Natalie R. says:

This is a really beutiful renovation, great colours, and elements. (But i don’t like the cow leather carpet – after all the good she gave us, why step on her?)

6. handz says:

Very nice place, love the wood color.

7. belinda says:

absolutely fantastic! so stylish yet homely.
    im inspired!

8. Casa e Cose says:

what lovely colors…and the space!

9. Gina says:

Beautiful transformation, and am working on the same kind of project, especially regarding the bathroom. What did you eliminate in that bathroom; the shower or the toilet? It now looks like a spa…Cudos!

10. Absolutely love the ideas of having chalk boards incorporated in a home. It adds to peoples creativity as seen here on one of the pictures where a sliding door is turned into a chalk board.

11. Kelly B says:

I’ve seen great barn doors and track on a website :
    They add such a warm look to a room.

12. Jo Kin says: