I was so thrilled and honored to be a part of the The Nate Berkus Show that aired today on NBC. Design*Sponge was featured as one of “Nate’s Finds” at the end of the program, and I just wanted to take a quick second to welcome anyone who is new here as a result of the show. So to anyone who’s visiting for the first time today — welcome! If you’re interested in knowing more about Design*Sponge, you can read about the site and my work in the design industry right here, and meet our team of writers and editors here. Design*Sponge is focused primarily on home design and we post six times a day about everything from do-it-yourself projects and furniture makeovers to home tours, city guides and recipes. To give you an overview of what we cover on a weekly basis here at the site, I’ve summed up some of our content and regular columns below. I hope you’ll find something that speaks to your style or needs. Feel free to drop us a line any time or chat with me at Twitter. Welcome to D*S, and thanks again for visiting! xo, grace
- Home Tours: We have an archive of over 600 home tours (which we call “Sneak Peeks”) from big to small.
- Simply Color: Home decor & paint colors inspired by our favorite interiors.
Do It Yourself
- DIY projects: We have an archive of over 450 do-it-yourself projects for your home.
- DIY 101: Our newest column, designed to teach you the basics of building a toolbox and an arsenal of craft skills.
- Before & Afters: Furniture and home transformations submitted by readers.
- Before & After Basics: A weekly column designed to teach you the basic skills you need to make over your own furniture or rooms.
Food + Entertaining
- Cooking Recipes: We have an archive of over 150 recipes from appetizers to desserts (including veggie/vegan recipes).
- Drink Recipes: Tasty drinks for parties, get-togethers and everyday happy hours.
- Entertaining: We have a column about throwing parties inspired by weddings and a column about throwing parties inspired by locations across the globe.
- Flowers A to Z: A bi-weekly column to introduce you to a flower and its uses.
- We Like it Wild: A bi-weekly column about floral do-it-yourself projects and life at a floral shop in San Francisco.
- Biz Ladies: A weekly column designed to help small business owners with free advice from experts.
- “Top” Lists: Our recommendations for the best places to source everything from fabric to wallpaper.
- City Guides: Every week, we post a guide to shopping, eating and having fun in cities across the globe.
- Movie Style: Every week, we post a roundup of home decor and fashion inspired by our favorite films.
- Small Measures: Tips for treading more lightly on the planet.
- Past & Present: Design history focused on a single object or style, joined with its modern version.
- Mini-Trends: Roundups of great trends we’re seeing in the market and at design shows.
- Videos: Interviews, DIY and Travel
- What’s In Your Toolbox: Interviews with our favorite artists and crafts people.
- Under $100: A bi-weekly column of great home decor, all under $100.
- New Products: You can search by category to view new lighting, flooring, accessories, etc.
- Gift Guides: Our choices for the best gifts, organized by price, style and recipient.
- Design Shows: Each year, we attend our favorite trade shows to give you an inside look at what’s coming next.
*Also, we have a book coming out next year called Design*Sponge at Home. If you’re interested in hearing more about it, you can sign up for our book newsletter here. We’re also awarding a scholarship for student artists/designers, if you know any who would like to enter and possibly win $10,000 in awards.